2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

heater help please its getting cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick1127

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 21:01    Post subject: heater help please its getting cold Reply with quote

ok im hoping you guys can point me in the right direction here.
ive owned my swb van for 10 yrs now and the heater has never been very good.
Now my mrs has a 2016 swb and her heater will take the skin off you its that hot.
So its hotter on the passenger side than it is on the drivers side.
But its still not HOT on the passenger side.
Its had a genuine new thermostat and radiator cap both water pipes going in to the heater matrix are same temp as the engine.
If i put it on the windscreen its blowing cold on the drivers side but warm passenger side.
i cleaned out the temperature sensor thing thats next to the gear lever as that was blocked with years of dog hair dust etc etc.
it did seem to make a little difference but not massive.
My trip to work is 150 miles and the only way to get any sort of heat in the cab is to leave it on recirculate and just to keep heating the air thats in the cabin.
Ive heard a lot about the fresh air flap linkage dropping off, is this on the drivers side or passenger side or both??
any help will be great
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 21:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to begin with the basics and this would be to totally drain down your cooling system as the most common problem is rust and corrosion and the build up of debris and this sits in the engine block and in the bottom of the heater matrix and often this is caused by previous owners not correctly maintaining the vehicle.

Open the radiator tap and drain the coolant into a clean bucket as this will show how much debris is in the cooling system, then take the plastic cover off the engine and go under the offside rear of the vehicle (LWB models only) and identify the two coolant hoses for the rear heater, remove one of these and drain this down and you chould have around 10 litres of coolant, look carefully at this to see how much contamination it has.

Put the vehicle somewhere where it wont freeze at this time of year and fill the system with just water and add a decent cooling system cleaner to it and run the engine and remove any air, top up and drive the vehicle for several miles until the vehicle is at full temperature and the cleaner should be removing most of the crud and debris so follow the cleaners instructions and once cleaned you drain the water and this should be totally contaminated and this removes a lot of the crud, fill with pure water and run the vehicle up to temperature so the clear water circulates fully around the system as it has many voids and dips which trap water, drain this water and keep filling and draining until it runs clear.

Look at the left hand side of the engine and there is a rubber coolant pipe, remove this and put a hose into it and flush the system through to ensure any debris is removed and drain down again and fill with clean water and run up to temperature and check your heater by putting it into full defrost mode and seeing how long it takes for hot air to come out and just how hot it really is, then switch it to AUTO and turn the temperature right up and check the air temperature again and remember these are predominantly LHD vehicles and the hot air is biased to the nearside.

When the system is cleaned you add 2 litres of filtered water to the cooling system followed by 5 litres of long life (RED) anti freeze and put the top hose back and massage the bottom hose and remove one end of the top hose again to let aie escapeand top up until water comes out of the hose and refit, totally fill up the system with filtered water and you are good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: