QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Thanks to those of you sticking with the forums!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 20:24    Post subject: Thanks to those of you sticking with the forums! Reply with quote

Just a note to say thank you to all the die-hard forum users thumbright

I know that Facebook would be the death-knoll for many phpBB forum communities, but I had to 'go with the flow' or lose the many faithful POCUK members over the years Sad

A special note out to those that 'report post' on the spammers, freeloaders, etc - I don't have the time (or energy!) that I used to but they do get addressed when me and/or the admin/moderators get to it.

Happy New Year all!

Simon notworthy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 20:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite why Google Ads thought an ad for industrial milking machines is a good fit for my post I haven't a clue!  Laughing
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a long-time free/open-source techy who has also avoided advertising and tracking platforms masquarding as anti-social media such as Meta and Google I really appreciate these forums; I check in at least twice a week to get my fix (especially of assasin's excellent responses!)

Recently I began to get concerned about the loss of knowledge if the forum disappeared and was intending to write and ask if it would be okay to (slowly) scrape the site into a personal archive - not least because I've posted a lot of highly technical articles about my own discoveries that I generally then forget until needed!

Also, if it would help maintain the signal-to-noise ratio, I'd be prepared to take on a moderator role to promptly remove spam.

Thank-you for keeping it going.
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam_TJ wrote:
As a long-time free/open-source techy who has also avoided advertising and tracking platforms masquarding as anti-social media such as Meta and Google I really appreciate these forums; I check in at least twice a week to get my fix (especially of assasin's excellent responses!)

Recently I began to get concerned about the loss of knowledge if the forum disappeared and was intending to write and ask if it would be okay to (slowly) scrape the site into a personal archive - not least because I've posted a lot of highly technical articles about my own discoveries that I generally then forget until needed!

Also, if it would help maintain the signal-to-noise ratio, I'd be prepared to take on a moderator role to promptly remove spam.

Thank-you for keeping it going.

I don't have any problem with members taking information for personal use, not for sharing thumbright

Let me think about your offer for moderating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: