eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mitsubishi Challenger infomation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 22:15    Post subject: mitsubishi Challenger infomation Reply with quote

Hello all

Ok here I am thinking about buying a mitsubishi challenger.

And what a mine field I never even heard of Jap imports and I'm struggling to find out any information on these vehicles?

Our Jap imports ok and our the parts hard to find?

Any help would be appreciated I go camping alot and would use the vehicle for towing mainly?

Any help or hints tips other web sites ect would really be appreciated?
And any good garages that sell them would also help.

Many thanks

Gregory
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 22:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mudskipper

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gregory aboard.

Have you checked out the Challenger section on this forum for more info?
robbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had one now for just over 1 year and it is a great machine. Take a look at this site and the Yorksire Dales for what we got up to with it, great fun

http://mudpics.serveftp.net/index.php
Adrian Ryles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 0:21    Post subject: challenger Reply with quote

hi greg

in my experiance on the challenger is if you get a uk one pre 2000 they can now be a bit tatty eg laquar on the wheels rusty chassis cracking leather and a 2.5 engine ,however they do have a few eqtras such as roof spoiler imobiliser wood dash etc as std as they are slightly later models than the imports

on the other hand i've got a import as they tend to be lower milage,like new underneath and is as close to new as you can get they can lack some of the goodies the later uk ones do have as mentioned above however you get a 2.8 engine auto box is the norm (cant get a uk auto)therefore if you are to tow go for the import .ps some say they are soft on the rear end i've not experiancd this Confused
adrian
robbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Adrian is right and it comes down to your pocket at the end of the thought process.... Mine is a 52 plate 2.5TD and goes great as can be seen. So far not got it stuck anywhere. My only complaints are:

could do with slightly better ground clearance although this can be increased (and will be when the warranty is out)
and there is nowhere to put your left foot when you are on the motorway or long distances..... very annoying and not relaxing at all.

Other than that, go for it and let us know what you decide

Smile
Adrian Ryles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 21:32    Post subject: left foot Reply with quote

well robbie never had thought of that problem with the left foot,given that i have done 450 miles so far this week on the motorways in the company car , i find the challenger nice to drive on the motorway -, but each to their own , pehaps the seat far back helps me???????????? Razz
robbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeh the problem is a little strange. Since driving the car over the last year, I have had serious trouble with my knee, partly donw to age thought too I guess Smile

I drive around 5k per annum mostly long distance and in trainers. They dont fit between the clutch and the bulkhead. If I drive is normal shoes, they do so I dont suffer the same. I am thinking of putting a smal ledge onto the side of the gearbox hosing/facia to support my foot. I hate resting it on the clutch pedal in case it causes problems with 'slipping' the clutch a little.

My wife doesnt suffer either, but you know what they say about big feet Wink

Other than that it is great motor, well recommended, so I can put up with the foot issue Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: