Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Stop smoke without EGR blanking plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohammed khan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 20:30    Post subject: Stop smoke without EGR blanking plate Reply with quote

I'm a newish member on this site but was wondering whther anyone was aware of a different way of stopping the smoke from your engine instead of using an EGR plate?
Last week on EBAY a guy sold me a ball bearing for £6.99 (inclusive of packaging) withi instructions on how to fit.
I receieved it & fitted it within.......wait for it......41 seconds & didn't even get my hands dirty or need any tools.
I've been suing it for a few days & now.....no smoke....ZERO...ZILCH.....NAHDA....
Anyone wants his email then let me know....I'm not sure if he's still on ebay
Laughing

bright red, bold text and large letters 'undone' to put this post in 'standard text' format - PoCUK, 29/01/05
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 20:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

and BIG letters are rude Evil or Very Mad
mohammed khan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo Sorry.
Put it down to me being a Newbie.
TDZ4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am I suspicious that you're actually the guy that's selling this alleged cure for smoke at a ridiculous price Evil or Very Mad It looks like advertising Shocked It's been discussed here before if you'd bother to look. Rolling Eyes
mohammed khan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...sorry but incorrect.
I'm only passing on what I believe to be a truly easy way of ridding the smoky Paj syndrome & as I pointed out I wasn't sure whther anyone knew already.
As I said I still have my receipt with the guys email on.
I did this as I thought this is what this website is for.....helping each other out....Or was I wrong?
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mohammed ...

as I advised the seller of the bb's on ebay ...

The majority of the time that a Pajero suffers excessive smoke as a result of a problematic EGR valve, this is because the valve is so gunged up, it is stuck open, allowing a constant stream of hot exhaust gas to recirculate through the engine.

The small pipe that can be blocked to help aleviate the problem is in fact the vacuum pipe that controls the opening and closing of the internal mechanism in the valve.

Blocking this pipe will have no effect where the valve is stuck open, (the majority of cases!)

There are two solutions ...

1. Block the valve completely with an EGR blanking plate - £5.00 + 10 minutes work.

2. Dismantle, clean and reassemble the valve - £5.00 to £10.00 in solvents etc and up to 24 hours if you include 'soaking in solvent' time.

Both 1. & 2. are fully detailed in the forums.

IMHO, anyone who pays £6.99 for a 5p ball bearing has been taken for a ride ... the vacuum pipe can be easily and effectively blocked with anything from a small section of a golf tee to a small screw - both costing a few pence and both just as effective, (where the problem is not that the EGR valve is stuck in the open position!)

Simon Wink
mark.bass

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes not even selling the ball bearing is he just how and what to do with it as said has been covered on here before for free Laughing Laughing Laughing
TDZ4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohammed khan wrote:
No...sorry but incorrect.

I did this as I thought this is what this website is for.....helping each other out....Or was I wrong?

No, you're not wrong on that last point but you're severely wrong with the advice, which is why we have a search function so that the years of experience can be used to the benefit of all newbies.

Anyway now that the steam has stopped coming out of my ears I'll apologise to you for my slur on your reputation. Sorry Embarassed
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohamed

Hope you don't think we are all having a go, as you say, your a newbie, and most things have been tried before, so, if you have a problem, find the search facility, have a go, if that doesn't come up with what your after, ask away on here,.

There aren't any 'daft' 'silly' questions, all have most probaly been asked before, and all will be asked again, so, we will always ty to help a 'newbie' (hate the term) , we have all been 'newbie's ' before, some just a wee bit to long ago to remember.

have fun
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie,i was having a go,you didn't see the letters Razz
as to being a noob,you could change the colours and font size(i can just about read my email),so i dont think so :dark1:
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on gents ... give the guy a break!

Of course, some will be surprised that on the day Mohammed joined, his third post provides such comprehensive details about a product on ebay - not only that, but has obviously found his way around the various formatting facilities within the post.

Mohammed says "I'm only passing on what I believe to be a truly easy way of ridding the smoky Paj syndrome & as I pointed out I wasn't sure whether anyone knew already." - the forum <search> facility isn't always the most intuitive of tools.

It may be surprising to some too, that the bb solution and EGR blanking plate are both on offer on ebay, in the same section, at the same time, with all the information about why the bb solution is unlikely to solve the smoke problem in the majority of cases in the EGR sale details, but again, this seems to have been missed Confused

The synical of you out there may see this as too much of a coincidence, but come on ... there's every chance it's a genuine post from Mohammed, who believes he's found an alternative to the EGR plate.

As I say, give the guy a break!

BTW ... Welcome to the club Mohammed salute

Simon
gaz8460

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do we need the e mail surely people that dont want to block egr can buy there own ball bearing or screw or anything else that is sufficient.....
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never point the finger simon,but i am old enough to tell when people try to take me for a ride,for instance if someone joins and their first post is in the for sale section. people have been banned from here for less Shocked
and i belive you have a standing post about ebay links?
jet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

My! how people can purchase anything of EBAY Rolling Eyes well it really is a pathetic site, I hade made several purchases and had trouble with quiet a few of them, so decide to close my account, and this is no Bull. it took six months for them to close it Evil or Very Mad But in the meantime I had no alternative and Decided to stop my credit card and had a replacement [ Changed number] And people think they have a bargain?
well I think not at least not all.
arkadiy

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see how many useful advices Mohammed khan will bring to this forum.

BR,
Arkadiy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: