2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mitsubishi Recall Notice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mo Khan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 13:10    Post subject: Mitsubishi Recall Notice Reply with quote

I have received a recall notice from Mitsubishi for my Shogun mk2 2.8.

It refers to a possible problem with the injection pump cold start device causing a crack in the pump body and i have been advised to contact a dealer for checking and possible rectification.

Anybody else recieved a notice?

Pajero owners, what is the procedure for recalls - will mitsu contact you or do you have to contact them?

Mo Khan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 13:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

The Lewis Mob

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo Khan,

just looked on the UK website for Mitsubishi but cannot see any refference to any recalls? Confused

what year is you Shoggy? I think us Pajero owners will have to contact Colt Cars Uk to see what their stance will be on this, and what models etc are involved. Confused

Perhaps the club could make enquiries on all UK Pajero's to see what they say? - Simon, your not busy today are you? Laughing

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/
bigt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if Mitsubishi will contact anyone about a Pajero recall......... Laughing
They might however react if they are flooded out with calls.....
Technically do they have any responsibility for Pajeros? Exclamation
If this problem is widespread there could be a rather large can of worms about to be opened. Exclamation Exclamation
The pitman arm recall was safety related....not so sure about this one

Comments please - Where is Ivor? - He will know - He could have his own spot on radio - Ask Ivor Idea
sambsam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a recall for 2.8 Space Gears with problems of cracking associated with the fuel pump. I don't know if this same fault affects Pajeros

I will surf the recall site........

www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/NEWS/recall/h150701/10960.html

back again - there is nothing on the mitsu co.jp website about a recent pajero recall

www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/NEWS/recall translate with babelfish
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, that looks like a mounting bracket that's cracked. I've never checked this out on the Delica - how about you?
Pete
Mo Khan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Shogun is a mk2 2.8, 1997 model.

I've just re-read the letter and quote:

'There is a possibility that due to improper operation when assembling the engine at production, a possible crack was caused on the advance control lever of the cold start device on the injection pump. During...usage there is a possibility that the engine rpm could increase if the cold start lever broke. It is therefore essential that you contact your nearest Mitsubishi Motor dealer....................'

A Number quoted for customer service dept : 01285 647774.

If i recall correctly, they recalled Shoguns first for the pitman arm thing, and then extended it to Pajero's...or my minds playing games again so dont quote me,

Regards

Mo Khan
Ivor Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys give us a few hours to get home and I will give you the correct answer , but yes Shoguns would get first bite . then the imports .
Ivor Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then this is how it is , it apears that there is a possibility (slight ) that the cold start lever could fracture we have just over 600 in this country that in the recall range so that is not every single 2.8 .
Costomers will be contacted by letter asking them to make an apoiontment and we will then replace the lever, we will need to ask a couple of questions like do you have a radio code and what is your fast idle speed from cold , the reason we will be asking these questions is to make sure the wax / fast idle unit is opperating and that we dont get into poor running faults at a later date .
As for PJ owners as I said before, there are as yet no mention in our paper-work or any provision for them, but be assured we will give you guys the same leval of care as we afford our Shogun owners . I hasten to add I have not seen or herd of any failing yet but I will keep yuo imformed if I do .
bigt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said....Ivor will know the answer. We are very fortunate in having Ivor amongst us. There cant be too many guys who will spend all day working on the vehicles and then spend his off duty time answering even more questions...
Doz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that this problem relates to the later diesels with the ecu controled pump?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: