QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mpg

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayCee
Events rep (Ireland)
Events rep (Ireland)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Toyota surf (with a se*y girl behind the wheel beat me though)

I don't believe it Trig..... Wink
I bet you just wanted a good rear view.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JayCee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 21:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Trig

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JayCee, that is the BEST view!! Ideally a classic guitar shape Twisted Evil ... lots of these around here, I am going mad Razz Razz ... Sorry girls out there.... boys will always be boys Twisted Evil
JayCee
Events rep (Ireland)
Events rep (Ireland)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say ..I'm envious

I've always loved classic guitars.....
especially the g-strings Rolling Eyes

JayCee
madass

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 23:57    Post subject: fuel consumption Reply with quote

fuel consumption is a very dificult subject to comprehend and appreciate,

the problem is there is so many variable`s,
such as

1. cost of fuel (obvious)
2.type of driving
3. road conditions
4. tyre type(make and tread)
5. fuel type
6. where the fuel is filled from ( yes i know it`s called a petrol staion, but to give a completely accurate reading , the same pump has to be used, due to camber run off at fuel stations etc)
7. added accesories (bull bars , driving lamps etc)
8. air con usage
9. sun roof open/closed
10.regular servicing
11. fuel pump condition
12.weather conditions
13.altitude
14.vehicle load

to name but a few.

every single one of these items makes a difference, whether they sound trivial or not is how you take them , but by the looks of the reports i have seen in this and other forums 23-25 is acceptable in average town traffic.
with 30 (possibly more) being acheived on `motorway driving`.

un fortunately even todays technology is n`t unfallable, the use of fuel (or trip) computers in cars , are there purely for a guide and cannot on anyway be taken as accurate readings from such computers. (sorry dont mean to be offensive in any way ) . that go`s for all manufacturers and not just volkswagen ( i am a VW technician and seen many complaints on
this subject).

so as to fuel consumption, as a rule of thumb, as long as there is no loss of power or excessive smoke from exhaust , overheating or rough running found , and regularly serviced then thats the way it is unfortunately. although the engines are all the same , they have all been treated and driven differently over there lifetime, hence every engine is individual.and this can reflect on power delivery and fuel consumption, you may think this is rubbish, but you really can tell the difference say between a car that does mainly motorway driving and town driving, just serviced and needing serviced .

so many variables, so many opinions on the matter. but as soon as the human factor is brought in unfortunately, everyone will get different results.

there we go, i`m all puggled out now Smile

paul_jefferson

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was woried about fuel consumption I would have bought a Honda 90 Life is to short man. Open the sun roof wack on the air con and let her rip. Lets face it non of bought a pajero to save on fuel bills.

One thing you can do though to save on fuel, is look into bio diesel.
I know there is a guy in N.Wales selling Bio Diesel, I think it works out at 67p a letre with the government tax plaped on the top.

Not much of a saving but it has no sulpher and higher engine lubricant, and I have heard in some cases even a slight increase in power.

Sory if I have started a debate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: