QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Another daft question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heppy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 13:21    Post subject: Another daft question Reply with quote

Where is the air con compressor and drive belt etc , managed to get a mobile air con expert ? to come to me on thursday to hopefully just do a regassing job but thought i would try and find out a little bit about system and workings so i hopefuuly know what he is talking about ,this weather no good for me without aircon especially when caravanning and 2 dogs in the back ,oh and a overheated wife in the front .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 13:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Sam-F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing in front of the car the aircon comp is at your right hand side at the bottom of the engine the low presure port is on top of it and the high presure port is to the right of the radiator
malcolm1972

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The belt is just behind the RAD as you look at it... Mine was actually missing... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

M
heppy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies, just had a look at the air con pump , looks to be in a tight awkward place , also belt looks ok , when running i can,t see any thing at all in the sight glass , should i be able to see at least something odd bubble ?.looks like this aircon topic is popular with the sudden change in the weather .
many thanks
Heppy
saul888

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 2.5 on a 93 and my temp control goes down to 18 and it's warm so does anyone know if thats supposed to be climate control and cold because it comes out warm!

Windows open for me.

Cheers Saul
vipar

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

My temp adjuster only goes down to 18% is that standard ? can it be changed to go down to say 10% I am finding it uncomfortable also, seeing as I am built for comfort not speed.
rickladds
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set it to 18 and Auto, and then the aircon to on (*) or Eco, and then recirc, and the centre vent slider to the "not fresh air" setting, centre and side vents open - the aircon should come on full blast and pull the temp down very quickly.

If it doesn't, something is wrong with it.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, agree with rickladds. At 18 on the display it should be pumping out cold, the compressor will be on and the revs may rise a little. I find I only use mine when the outside air temp is 24 degrees (or more or if I am stationary). Below that the air coming in through the gaps (like windows Very Happy ) is cool enough for me.
saul888

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

So by something wrong, as in mine aint gettin cold do you mean a re-gas?
I want to sell mine as I never use it so inf on this would be good' cheers Saul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: