Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Looking to buy a Pajero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 13:58    Post subject: Looking to buy a Pajero Reply with quote

Hi all,

New here, and just looking for a bit of advice about Pajero's.

I know you've probally had these queries many times, but I'd really appreciate the advice!

I need to tow a 1300kg caravan and am looking at 4 x 4 's.
I've looked at the Pajero LWB and I think they seem good value for money especially with the low mileages.

My main question is are these vehicles expensive to maintain?
ie diesel pump goes ,is it £350 or £850!! Gearbox probs., £600 or £1500.
Its this sort of thing that worries me.

Mitsi... have a reputation for going on and on. Is this the case with the Pajero? If I buy one will I be unlucky if I need to spend loads of money on it? Or am I looking at a bottomless money pit!!!!!!!

If I can sort this query out now I may come back for more specific buying/model advice. Hope you don't mind!

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 13:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matt wow where do we start Wink welcome to the club by the way Very Happy
Firstly a lot of people say the 2.8 is better for towing it has a bit more grunt than the 2.5, but with that said a lot of people here tow with the 2.5 with no problem.
Regarding maintainence if you look here www.milnerconv.co.uk they do most of the service items you will need,as for a fuel pump they can be rebuilt for around the £350 mark but it depends where you go,the 2.8 pump is renowned for the seals going and causing starting and stalling probs,so if you go for a 2.8 give it a good going over and if any doubts re the pump insist on a rebuild or decent warranty.
The auto boxes on these are very good but occasionally they can go wrong (but then what car dont)the cost can be high but a good warranty again will safeguard you a llittle,if you do a search on the site for auto box and fuel pumps you should get an idea of what to look out for.
Like you said the mits range are very reliable as is the pajero so in all a decent garage shouldnt put you wrong,check out dealers list on the forum.

Hope this answers you queries and hopefully see you back for some more advice and possibly a new toy
all the best marc
matman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, thanks for the reply. Looked at the link you gave, most of those prices are in line with other vehicles so no probs. there. Am I right in saying that 2.5 parts are more available than 2.8? Diesel pump rebuild if about £350 again is on a par with a Transit.

Whats the market like for secondhand bits? Are many of these vehicles being broken?

Whats the preference with a TD, manual or auto? and fiinally if towing would I have to fit a cooler on the autobox?

So many questions!! Thanks for your help.

Regards
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matt,
Second hand partas are available sometimes on ebay but more so from a breakers in essex cant think of the link off hand but i know a few members here have got the bits they need from there.

Some people again prefer a manual to an auto but its personal preference really ,as for and extra cooler ive not come across anyone that has had to fit one to theres it mite be an idea to have a few test drives in both manuals and autos and see wich you prefer,im an auto man myself but then im just a lazy sod lol Very Happy Very Happy hope this helps matey all the best marc
bill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

matman, hi and welcome.
Why dont you just buy my paj off me?
2.5 TD SWB and never really been off road. Briliant white'sh in colour and ace to drive
blondie'sh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: