Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

LPG conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveGardener

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 13:41    Post subject: LPG conversion Reply with quote

Hi anyone here had an LPG conversion,
I've go the 3l V6 model and everyone says to me that I should get it converted, but was wondering how much people have spent on them, and wether it makes it gutless or not,
To be honest i'm enjoying the fun of the engine as it is at the moment, but just a thought for the future when fuel prices hit £1
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 13:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , just a note on LPG. I recently purchased a Shogun Sport already converted to LPG The truck is a 2000 model and runs fine on the LPG, I will admit there does seem to be a touch more power on petrol but as I rarely switch over to petrol I never notice. The only problem has been a couple of backfires and I mean backfires, I thought the gearbox had blown up the first time it happened - the whole vehicle shook, unfortunately the truck was already converted using a variable venturi system when purchased , otherwise I would have gone for the more expensive multipoint injection system which apparently does not suffer from backfires. The backfires blew the lid off the airbox so I have had a K&N filter fitted which will not suffer should we have anymore backfires. Apparently the adaptor plate for the manifold was from a Mitsubishi EVO, if you decide to fit a K&N filter make sure the part will fit your motor - don't take my word as gospel. In the current climate I had expected the price of LPG to go up at the same rate or more as petrol, the government has apparently decided that for every penny duty that goes on petrol two pence would go on LPG. The current price here in West Yorkshire has been around 36p per litre, I recently found a place selling at 30p per litre but the distance there meant I wouldnt save a great deal, however our local supermarket chain Morrisons has recently dropped the price to 29p per litre, I can tell you it feels great driving round at the equivalent of 55 mpg, great.
grahamandzena

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 21:29    Post subject: L.P.G Reply with quote

Hi having read your post, i may be able to help you with the back fires, have run lpg for 6 years both single and multi point, we had the same problem with backfires and came to realise it only happened when the gas tank was getting low!!! we then made a point of filling the tank as soon as it got down to one light on the gauge, and never had a single blowback in the 98000 miles we kept it after that!! we think it is something to do with the lower pressure in the tank, give it a try it may help!!
as a further note i now run genration 3 kit on my road track day car and it flies!! never had a single backfire around any of the tracks we use and the performance with 112 octane gas is awesome
regards \
G@$P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 20:49    Post subject: LPG 3L V6 Reply with quote

Just had mine done a couple of months back. I'm filling up a full GAS tank at my local morrisons garage at 29.9 pence a litre in fact 28.4 as you get a further 1.5p discount for some reason my wifes knows about, but switch off each times she starts rambling about it. we usually hit about £22 to fill it full and get about 220 miles around town prob a little more on the open road. Not quite as much mileage as a full tank of unleaded but i seem to remember that costing me £60 to fill up. I think it's great probably the best move we've made. I think were using some prins system i have full details if needed with a can which fits in the spare wheels place under the car.
Bugg x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of cost to convert. Mine is a 3.5GDI. Thanks
Bugg x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, should also have asked where does the tank go as the spare is located under the rear?
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the most part gdi's don't do well in conversions. the lack of cooling burns the tips off Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: