eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Newbie washer fuse prob.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loggo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:35    Post subject: Newbie washer fuse prob. Reply with quote

HI, Could someone help a newbie please, and before you mention it I have ordered a manual ! Vehicle is SWB 2.8TD 1995 Pajero
I have no front windscreen washers and no panel lights at all.
I have checked the fuse diag. on FAQ and cannot find a mention of panel lights or screen washers - could someone point the way please ?
As an aside I know the front and rear screen washers work off the main control stalk on the left side of the wheel and the headlight washers work off the button on the right stalk so what is the purpose of the switch with a built in warning light on the lower dash left of the steering wheel next to the switch that alters the ariel height. It has a picture that seems to be a windscreen wiper on it ?

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Loggo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks - just an add on. Having had zero replies I have a worsening problem. I have to tow 350 miles on Sunday and washers would have been nice - additionaly I am getting a bit of ear hole bashing about buying a vehicle that i can't easily fix !!
Now my query is this -
a) did no one answer because my question was really stupid and a bit of searching through the tech database would have sorted me out (Danged if I could find a mention of windscreen washer fuses)

b) No one else knows either and I need to find an auto electricial fast.

Any feedback would be nice
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi matey only just seen your post,playing catch up after a week or so away so ile try and help if i can .............

in answetr to the switch on the dash you will probably find its the heated screen,it defrosts the wiper area when frozen,if you look at the screen it shold have heat strips rite at the bottom ,

second, fuse 9 ....10 amp should do both front and rear wiper /washers
when you say panel lites do you mean all instrument panel lites are not workin?
let me know what you have workin and what not and i shall endeavour to help some more
all the best marc
Loggo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark.
Yes the panel lights are all out - not a glimmer. Makes me think it's not all the bulbs (but I suppose it might be)
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate,
firstly i would check all fuses,in turn (remove every one and check) then check all earth connections,as well as all fusible links in the engine bay fuse box,also if your vehicle is a recent import i would also check that if the speedo face was changed that the connectors n the back of the pod are all connected,do you have fuel and temp guages workin? also check fuse 11....10amp in particular as this is the main guage /warning lamp fuse,i hope that gives you some starting points and hopefully youll find the prob,please let me know and i will do my best to help further ....atb marc
ali

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

have ya tryed turning up the dimmer dash lights switch....just a thought....ali... 8) ...
Loggo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - thanks Ali - sussed that one but no use.
On a proces of elimination I have rear wipe and wash and front wipe so I suppose that means it isn't the fuse. Is there a relay or should I find the front washer pump and test the motor ?
Steve H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loggo

Do you have any illumination at all. If the dimmer is faulty/us it might be worth bypassing it, if only to eliminate it as a possible cause?

Steve H
Loggo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
No illumination at all on the dashboard. All other lighting works well. I can see where I am going but I can't see how fast I'm going there.
I'll try bypassing the dimmer switch as you suggest. Thanks
Loggo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.

Bypassing the dimmer switch worked a treat so now I can see my compass - oh yes and the speedo. Many thanks to all who helped out on this.
The washers have not been so succesful. Front wipers and all rear wash / wipe work so I guess the fault must be in the pump - anyone been there ??
I will not be able to answer for two weeks as I am about to depart for Scotland (From Herefordshire) with a ton of caravan in tow. A midnight departure seems a soft option with a forecast of 37 degrees for tomorrow - could the Paj (auto )stand it ?
I'll let you know in a fortnight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: