QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Folding Mirrors [b](I've searched honestly)[/b]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 16:35    Post subject: Folding Mirrors [b](I've searched honestly)[/b] Reply with quote

Hello

Often when I see other Pajero's parked up, the mirrors are folded in and I can't believe these drivers are remembering to do it each time.

Is there one of those "Press the button for 38.5 seconds with ignition turned whilst balancing a glass of water on your head and then they will auto fold" tricks you boys know ?? Confused

Cheers

Lee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 16:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Tom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a clifford total closure alarm fitted that closes the windows if you leave them open, the fitter said I could also start the engine remotely or control something else so I opted to have the mirrors fold in when I secure it.
Tom.
ali

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is how ya wire them up.....first remove the door panel....its better to remove the passanger side...as some pre 92 modles don't have a central door locking moduel on the drivers side.....then you need to test for a live feed when locking and unlocking at the moduel...make a note which is which...then run two wires up to the mirror switch....it is a bit fiddley getting the wires from the door to the paj....you need to put a inline fuse on each wire...just incase some thing go's wrong.....then pop the switch out from the dash....on the top right,there is two wires...one brown with a blue line...and one brown with a white line.....test these for folding in and out...make a note which is which..put ya locking in to the folding in wire ....and ya unlocking in to ya folding out.....don't forget to put ya door panel back on.... Wink
ali... 8) ...
p:s.dont blame me if ya set ya paj on fire..... Laughing ....
rjyates

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:16    Post subject: Automatic mirror fold from the key fob Reply with quote

1997 3.5 GDI

On these if you press the remote locking key fob three times on the third press the mirrors will fold.

Rough process...
First press - doors lock
Second press - another "clunk" and I think on some vehicles the windows close
Third press - the mirrors fold 8)

Do this fairly steadily - a couple of seconds between each press works for me!

You can use the same process in reverse when unlocking to open the mirrors again.

Ric
Derek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a neat touch.

On mine when i press the alarm fob
the window's will close and so will the
sunroof.

Very handy Laughing

Derek
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: