Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

knocking brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad mike

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 20:57    Post subject: knocking brakes Reply with quote

I have noticed a knock in the suspension, when braking to a stop and on pulling away. If I am holding the truck on the footbrake in drive and press down hard on the pedal you can feel a little knock like a pad is sticking. Brake performance is good (just been MOT'd). You feel is through the wheel rather than hear it. I thought it might save me some time to throw it open to the forum for some collective expert diagnosis.

I had originally planned to investigate this over the next couple of days but as you can see from my other thread I have got to involve myself in some bodywork.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 20:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

offroaddriver

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends how handy you are with a a set of spanners really.

you wont be doing the brakes any harm whatsoever by taking the calipers off and cleaning them up.

once you strip them down, you'll find the problem has probably gone.

tom
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
I have just had this very same problem but i had the rattle also.. which yours will probably progress to.
Yesterday i went out and got me a new set of pads and set about a caliper overhaul.. general clean up wire brush etc and found that nearly all the moving parts were near seize up stage, and the anti rattle spring things where dislodged... I just cleaned everything up and smeared silicon grease on moving parts and contacts .. re assembled and its great  Wink the rattle and click i have had for months has now gone... well worth the 2 hours sitting on the floor.
I must also add the pads i removed were absolutely destroyed... I am now going to do it all again because ive decided to go for new discs also.. at least i know it will all come off easy and only take me half hour.

Have fun mate

Regards Gaz.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
at least i know it will all come off easy and only take me half hour.

To change front disks !

have fun  Razz
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear Brake Discs
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAZZ1ZZ wrote:
Rear Brake Discs

You never said, Mmmmmm 3hours and a lot of cursing, might as well stick some new shoes in there at the same time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: