Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FAO Mark Dale..Re MM07

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFM wrote:
you can count on me for any help required as useual  Laughing

How many places are going to be needed??
do we have a list of interested members or are people waiting for the location to be posted first?

I think Location first, as this will be the deciding factor for many people.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark dale wrote:
bluebird1927 wrote:
Richie wrote:

I think we all need to agree, Mark, with his army of helpers sort this out, when he picks somewhere, that is whereit is, it is obvious, no matter where it is, it won't suit all in here, so please some, upset others, I am afraid, it is par for the course in organising things.

You are correct as ever you old sex pest!!! Wink

My point is, if we dont get a clear plan including timescales (and stick to it) there is a danger that no suitable sites will be able to accomodate us for that busy period.

The location is irrelevent, obviously everyone wants it in thier back yard but thats simply not possible.
We need to agree location, find site and book it.

Cheers

BIG Baz

wise words from 2 of the big boys !!!

myself and gareth have just got back from a 300-mile round trip to reccie a potential site .... for mega meet or a much larger event ....... manby

hayley has put a list of links to the suggested sites so far .... http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53093

geographically, as MM may well be the one event some folks try and get to, it makes sense for it to be relatively central, and accessible......  plus, this would mean that "regionalised" meets become more special ..?  does this make sense ...

eg .....  2 examples ...  baz, your south wales bash looked superb, and the campsite looks ace ....  but, if we hold mega meet there... it may make the next south wales meet there less attractive to some, and so deplete the total number of major (medi) / regional events that become attractive over the year

example 2 - my meet at filey  - again, a great meet, but with different attractions for different folks .... and geographically on a bit of a limb for those out on other limbs!! if mega meet was held here  - how attractive would it be for the other 2 meets we have planned possibly here next year .......

it's the old addage, you can have too much of a good thing ......

i feel that mega meet should be a changing site, around a roughly central area of say ...  from sort of manchester, leeds,  hull area down to gloucester, oxford, beaconsfield ..area, bounded roughly by M6/M5 and M1  ....... most folks should be able to travel to this area ..... finding a suitable campsite is the 1st task, ( many thanks to mudcom and others so far, for input ) ..we can add on laning, off-roading, other attractions after ....  

and yes, whilst looking for 2007  - we may as well look for 2008 !!!

and to be honest  ...i quite like the idea of nick de nurses "hire a pontins" idea .................  maybe we have the makings of mega meet 2 per year at blue dolphin..next to our off-road track at filey  Laughing

4 or 5 big events over the year would be great to have in the calender .....  with other area meets/events  as well !!

just my ideas, comments etc ..... always willing to listen, chat, work stuff out, then make it happen !!........  ok, wherever MM2007 is, i need a team to make it happen !!  ...any volunteers.? Question

mark " on the job" dale

centralised? but are we taking into consideration that north 'appens after manchester so south of manchester is local is it?

or do you have a master plan to hold 2 mega meets 1 for the south and 1 for the north

not being disrepectfull but centralised would be better if it was central to EVERYONE getting their in about the same length of time and hassle

my rant over with, and i know no 1 will agree with me anyway
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

no use protesting, we just have to travel!
mudcom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

put a hand full of sites up & ask the people who went to m/m 06 to vote
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcom wrote:

They are up Scot ....

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53093
Tiger

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsgrumpy wrote:
mudcom wrote:

They are up Scot ....

thats not a handful!  that all of them

we need a shortlist of 3

this is getting ridiculous!
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger wrote:
mrsgrumpy wrote:
mudcom wrote:

They are up Scot ....

thats not a handful!  that all of them

we need a shortlist of 3

this is getting ridiculous!

Well if you read the comments some won't have us, so if you deduct (that means 'take them away') then you will have about 3 left!!!   Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2007 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: