QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING-how to- this is how i did my upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyfieldmaster

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:16    Post subject: REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING-how to- this is how i did my upgrade Reply with quote

I have just made my Paj remote central locking, it was a doodle and cheap as chips, this is how i did it, i ordered a kit off ebay that was a 4 door unit but you only need to use 1 slave unit on the drivers door!

1-removed door card, lower dash panel and steering coloum cover
2-fit slave motor plunger to slave motor and join plunger of slave motor to original door lock plunger using joint link provided ensure when plunger is up motor is extended and when plunger down motor is retracted
3-fit slave motor directly below door lock plunger and secure it to door inner frame, use one hole that is there and drill a lower hole for for bottom fixing
4-remove gromet (wiring loom shroud that takes the wires from the car into the door) from the door and vehicle frame and then using a stiff wire as a guide/cable puller draw two wires from behind the dash out of the hole where the gromer/shroud was, then through the shroud, then into the door
5-pull enough wire through to follow original loom along the bottom of the door making sure the window does not foul the cables, secure where required
6-refit gromet both sides
7-refit door card if confident
8-get a permanent live from igntion loom (dark grey on mine) and solder to it the live of control unit
9-connect earth i used the bolt my immobiliser had used
10-mount control unit inside dash and test it
11-tie wires out the way and refit everything
12- complete (hopefuly)

hope this helps- i got my unit buy it now on ebay £25 all in do a search for 'universal remote central locking' happy fitting    Very Happy  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PG Scooby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra
Location: Eastbourne, 'Suntrap of the South' & final resting place for the many!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this'll be moved into top tips.

How did you find the quality of the kit? I've been thinking of doing this mod myself, as you say - cheap as chips.

Paul.
rickyfieldmaster

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

PG Scooby wrote:
Hopefully this'll be moved into top tips.

How did you find the quality of the kit? I've been thinking of doing this mod myself, as you say - cheap as chips.

Paul.

for the price the quality seems spot on , as it has only been on a couple of days i can't say on reliability but fingers crossed Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: