Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Protec fuel system cleaner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevesel

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 18:54    Post subject: Protec fuel system cleaner Reply with quote

I got a set of filters from milners and some protec from the club shop and am going to service my car  tomorrow, Do i put the protec in the tank,if so with how much fuel? or do i put it in the new filter?, if i put it in the filter will it have any adverse effect on the engine being run momentarily on pure protec?.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 18:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

steve30

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, you put the protec in the tank that's about 1/4 full then run it until it's nearly empty. Then fill up and change the filter last of all after the protec has gone through the system. I've not done it yet it's my next job after I get my truck back with its new cambelt!  Very Happy

Steve
stevesel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the tank it is then. Should i run the tank right down before changing the fuel filter?
phil.p
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i put protec through mine i put a quater of the can in the new fuel filter and the rest in the tank, it run a lot better with no adverse effects Wink
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i gather if you use the tin in the fuel filter it gives a much better cleaning effect on the injectors as its not diluted,ive used it this way before with good effect and it runs much quieter than when running on diesel Laughing
mungodog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! Put some in the filter and the rest in the tank. That in the filter gives a good initial clean, then the rest acts as it normally does. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: