Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martind12
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 17:51    Post subject: website Reply with quote

anyone seen this website

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com/

You can search your car no plate to see if anyone thinks your a *beep* driver!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 17:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok whos going to own up to being on there first, Im not happily enough, but having looked at what a few idiots have posted you just need to fart while driving to get on there.

drivers getting reported for having blacked out rear windows, well tough on that one, i can see out of em. I dont care if you cant see in, thats the reason they're tinted.... knobs  Evil or Very Mad

One guy is reporting people who choose to do 40 in a 50 zone, last time I looked you could do pretty much any reasonable speed below the limit if thats not the case Im right in *beep* street because I regularly dawdle along 5-10 mph below the limit doing 60-65 when its a 70 limit and am happy to even sit behind the lorries on the motorway when Im not in a rush, my driving is probably safer and my attention more on what im doing than theirs is making a note of what speed im doing and reg number so they can post it on the net. Then again maybe not, Im might be too busy looking for YD's  at the time Laughing

I can understand people want to highlight the bad driving they see and some people make 4 or 5 posts in one sitting from what ive seen but come on theres no way you can remember the details of every incident you see and recall them correctly without writing them down ... driving without due care and attention for you right there. I have all on remembering the details of paj's when i see a yd and if i see 2 well thats me completely boggered.
*Mrs_Trucker*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baddoo wrote:
Then again maybe not, Im might be too busy looking for YD's  at the time Laughing

...i do that, and if you ask me there's not enough of them!! especially in Shropshire lol
Blue Thunder
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baddoo wrote:

One guy is reporting people who choose to do 40 in a 50 zone, last time I looked you could do pretty much any reasonable speed below the limit if thats not the case Im right in *beep* street because I regularly dawdle along 5-10 mph below the limit doing 60-65 when its a 70 limit and am happy to even sit behind the lorries on the motorway when Im not in a rush, my driving is probably safer and my attention more on what im doing than theirs is making a note of what speed im doing and reg number so they can post it on the net. Then again maybe not, Im might be too busy looking for YD's  at the time Laughing

It is a test fail to drive too slowly, "its called driving appropriately to road and traffic conditions"
So if the road is clear in front and trafic behind and you drive 5-10 mph below you could fail, its how its interpreted Wink
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely a speed limit is a maximum not a minimum? Confused
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Highway Code...

Section 104: The speed limit is the absolute maximum and does not mean it is safe to drive at that speed irrespective of conditions. Driving at speeds too fast for the road and traffic conditions can be dangerous.

Section 124: Adapt your driving to the appropriate type and condition of road you are on. In particular:

* do not treat speed limits as a target. It is often not appropriate or safe to drive at the maximum speed limit
* take the road and traffic conditions into account. Be prepared for unexpected or difficult situations, for example, the road being blocked beyond a blind bend. Be prepared to adjust your speed as a precaution.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/
*Mrs_Trucker*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

...that goes without saying really. and driving for a living, and driving hire cars i have to be even more careful Confused
tutor52

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onan - they have changed the wording slightly but don't forget section 145.

145: Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

It is believed, but cannot be verified statistically, that the frustration caused by following slow moving traffic is a major factor in a number of collisions.

Living in a holiday area and being stuck behind mr and mrs Punter and their 2.4 Punter children who are sightseeing, when I am trying to get to work, is an extremely frustrating experience.

There are roads around here that I just won't use during the summer Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
rick the biker
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

that web site is a great example for getting abducted by aliens....
its just not worth living here anymore! Rolling Eyes
helen455636
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone try this:
http://www.roadlincs.com/content/Shared/Changeblind.htm
beware flashing images....... shame it doesn't say how well you've done  Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: