2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

How to remove Bull Bars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whippy1710

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06    Post subject: How to remove Bull Bars Reply with quote

Drive my car around town during the week whilst towing my very nice new caravan at weekends, I need to get the bullbars off the front of my car.

I tried at the weekend, I unhooked the front lamps, undid a nut on the frame and then notice under a small section of the front bumper that there was anoither nut holding the bars on, how do i get toi this so I can get the bars off?

any help greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a Mk2, on mine there is 2 bolts which attach on top of the bumper and 2 which attach to the front of the chassis underneath the bumper. Easily visible and to remove, but be warned the bolts may break as the are normally quite old and corroded or something similar causing them to shear when undone....LIKE MINE!
whippy1710

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you get to the bolts on the bumper area?
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one son top should be clearly visible from the top of.

The bottom ones are at the end of the bar which goes down in front of the bumper. Beware though, these also hold the front of the skid pan on.
whippy1710

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

we tried to get to the ones on the bumber but couldnt, there were under a small section of the bumber attched to the lower bumber secttion, do we have to remove anything?
ozzy123

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got a better picture of it? should be straight forward. Mine's just got 2 bolts that hold the bar to the top of the bumper, one each side & 2 underneath at the front of the sump guard.

Lee
bandb666
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

whippy1710 wrote:
we tried to get to the ones on the bumber but couldnt, there were under a small section of the bumber attched to the lower bumber secttion, do we have to remove anything?

that sounds like the bumper finisher, you need to remove sump gaurd (4 bolts) then look up & you will see 5 or 6 little nuts - remove them & then you can lift off bumper finisher allowing access to bull bar bolts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: