2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Evo HKS super power filter air filter and ECU upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevor green

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 22:07    Post subject: Evo HKS super power filter air filter and ECU upgrade Reply with quote

Hi lads and ladettes,
Aly and I have just come back from Barking in Essex after having the above mods on the evo. Had an piggyback ECU fitted by the boys at Torque Devolopement to hopefully sort out the mid range a bit more and of course the biggest problem with the evo, its ability to run so rich...

I have been running the evo with the HKS air filter for some time but always swap it over with the standard air filter when we go offroad 'cause its more waterproof. The HKS filter provides about 7 extra BHP and quite a bit more mid range not to mention the nice growl from the exhaust...

On the way to Barking I had the standard filter fitted and from Poole to Barking its about 155miles and about £35.00 on fuel. Once there I change the standard filter for the HKS one ready for remapping. left the evo in their capable hands and *beep* off into town on the tube,after they kindly dropped us off at the tube station. Went to regent street and Aly had to drag me out of Hamleys toy shop. Yeah I know, havent grown up yet !

Got a call to say they had finished at about 1.30pm so we headed back to Barking to find they had wound down the richness by 50% !!!!! and improved the midrange and an increase of approx 10BHP. They ran it on the rolling road for some 50miles....

Collected the evo and started heading back to Poole...All I can say is yeah baby !!!!!

Drove smoother, more responsive in mid range and the best bit....only £25.00 of fuel was used for the journey home!!!!

The cost... £155.00 + vat for The HKS Super power flow filter and £550.00 + vat for the piggy back ECU including fitting and rolling road.

This may not be everybodies cup of tea as the evo goes like the clappers without any mods but with the fuel saving it is worth while as I do use the evo to its full potential.

trev Mr. Green and Aly Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 22:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

the chosen 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Trevor that all sounds good i'll have to throw some money at mine before long ive just replyed on the evo discussion on tiny tims posting about buying evos and mivec controllers i should of replyed to this one first doh i'll try and check up on whats been happening a bit more often in future. so nitrous kit next then Trev and Ali. i have to say i feel much better trying to get u guys to spend your money instead of me spending mine hahahaha
martin
trevor green

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin,
I guess your stuck in the void between talking about it and having it done. Need a second set of wheels and decent offroad tyres though. Know of any 4 sale ?
trev
EmEm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!
Can anyone help me Confused ? I own a 2.8 SWB Paj, and would like some info on basic engine mods, such as induction kits or air filters etc. I know it wont make much difference to performance, since I now own a 2 ton "truck" but its just nice to know that my car is looking and sounding cool 8) !
Anything along these ideas would be great!!

Cheers!
EmEm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!
Can anyone help me Confused ? I own a 2.8 SWB Paj, and would like some info on basic engine mods, such as induction kits or air filters etc. I know it wont make much difference to performance, since I now own a 2 ton "truck" but its just nice to know that my car is looking and sounding cool 8) !
Anything along these ideas would be great!!

Cheers!
trevor green

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi EmEm,
Sorry cant help you too much. Got my induction kit from Torque Developments in Barking, essex.
Try the pajero modification forum, the guys up there should be able
to help you more.
trev
Colin 31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi EmEm, Try Van Aiken tuning, they can remap the diesel fuel pump and probably fit a larger intercooler to your truck. You could also try a K&N air filter or similar. A small adjustment to the turbo blow-off valve will give it more boost, but fit a boost gauge and don't go above 14psi which I think is the max. (Check up on the posts for this to be sure).
You can probably get another 20bhp with these mods, but the torque figure would be much higher, making the engine pull higher gears better.
jujuhound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev
was the HKS filter listed as a pajero evo fitting or is it a common fitting for another engine and just fits onto the pajero..? (hope that made sense)...
trevor green

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Juju,

No, its not a standard fitting to the evo. (Though the standard evo filter is great for offroading)

The HKS kit comes from an Mitsi FTO with a few adjustments. Fitting was easy, only took 15minutes.

Try www.tdi-plc.com one of the few companies who know about the MIVEC engine

trev
jujuhound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks trev, have ordered one today £205, they said fitting was ok, just a small amount of mods, do you think the difference is noticable with the piggyback and the induction..? am posting your stuff off tomorrow by the way.
Paul
trevor green

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shud find midrange pickup improves a bit and the sound is awsome. Sounds like its sucking all the air around the car not to mention a very nice wistle through the gears. On the rolling road they found about an extra 20-30bhp increase with the piggyback as well, most of which is noticable in the midrange. With the richness wound down, I get more MPG, does about 18-25mpg ish.
thanks for posting the gear.
petbeemer

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you say piggy back i take you mean an afc controller?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: