Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fitting a new aerial or antenna mast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOLDFISH

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ariel is cream crackered as well, started to have a go on it but couldnt finish it cus hospital called for me to chop my right shoulder about,now i have a sling on which they say has got to be in place 6wks, so is there anybody around the daventry, northants area that would like to help me out i would be most grateful for the assistance?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 0:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

cssuk

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

need to do both mine but its a pain am having a weeks rest next week so might have a go at them...then again local stereo guy will fit a new un for 60 quid might be lazy guess it depends on the weather its been raining for 2 weeks now Sad
DEN2005

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:04    Post subject: new ariel problems Reply with quote

Excellent thread on how to replace ariel mast into holder etc. The problem is my ariel will come up then goes to far so when turned off it just sits their clicking, what you have to do then is push it down a couple of inches then it will catch and go down as  normal, I have taken it all the way out and left motor running for about 15 seconds then pushed the whole lot in and it still is like this, doesn't seem to be broken off tho any ideas guys only it is doing me head in there is nothing wrong with the ariel cosmetically it just stopped retracting thanks in advance.  Den.
cssuk

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine did the same then stopped working i think its because the nylon inner isnt fastned to the end of the areial anymore ie the mast just comes out
andys

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great posting, took 3 minutes and works perfectly.

Thank you
richardsth

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two other things to note, if you're fitting a new mast, you'll notice a chrome sleeve which slides up and down the largest part of the aerial which sits in the mast tube. Over time this corrodes in to one place, so when you remove the old one broken mast, makes sure that this comes out with it. It took me ages to find out why my new one wouldn't fit the hole, so I had to ream it out with a 10mm drill. And the other, to feed the aerial coax cable through to the radio, tape a length of wire on to the end of the old one. This makes it a lot easier to pull the new one through the same way as the old one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: