Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Advice / Help Required

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nutty-guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 13:05    Post subject: Advice / Help Required Reply with quote

well I've finally got round to the idea of owning a Delica , but I'm not 100% sure what to look for or how much to pay . So I have a few newbie quetions for you experts out there

1) I'm looking to buy within the next 6 weeks a Delica within the £5000-£6000 region , what sort of vehicle should I consider

2) Are there any things I should be looking out for when checking over a vehicle

3) I assume that with the engine being diesel they run for ever is looked after as I will be doing 15-20,000 mile per year

4) Are there any problems from a long term ownership point of view

Many Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 13:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Rustysparks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome nutty Very Happy The thing I've learnt after buying my Delica just over a year ago, is to check out more than one if possible. Mine's fine, but I have since seen others with many different options which I would have liked. The options list is huge! Only problems common on this forum seems to be EGR exhaust, which may have to be blanked for economy reasons and fuel pump seals and some electrical problems etc. None of which seem to discourage us Spacegear owners Wink For your money you might get a '94 new shape Spacegear privately. Good Hunting. 8)
Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya nutty-guy
Seen a few for sale recently on auto trader site for £5K upwards so theres plenty out there now at good prices.
At first glance they all look much the same as each other, but theres many little extras hiding Wink

Some have climate control as apposed to others having aircon,
other bits are the likes of electric folding door mirrors,
Electric closure on the sliding door (assists with the final close instead of slamming)
Curtains,
Master and slave stereo with additional speakers,
CD multichanger,
Headlight washers,
Winter pack (twin batterys, heated lower windscreen area, heated mirrors)

Not forgetting that they come in SWB & LWB with various roof layouts Wink

Some suffer with warped brake disks (mine did anyway Rolling Eyes )
Dealer had them skimmed and they lasted about a month,
replaced the disks today after 9 months of pulsating (spelling Rolling Eyes ) pedal.

Other than replacing the disks (which I knew I would have to when purchasing) no major expense, just service bits 8)

Not sure what part of Essex your in but, your welcome to a nose at my Delica Wink

p.s. I'm from the Basildon area 8)
astra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 5-6k if you are careful with your hunting, you should be able to get a 96' 2.8 exceed through a dealer Smile i know where there is one if you are interested *whistles* *grins insanely*
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4) Are there any problems from a long term ownership point of view
like me you will wish you had brought one a lot sooner! outstanding motors Laughing and of coursde you welcomed to the darkside lol Wink

Marc
nutty-guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information and the welcome to the 'DARKSIDE' Smile

Didn't think I'd get anywhere near a 96 reg vehicle for that type of money - please please tell me more astra Smile or do I have to beg ?

Must admit it will be strange to drive one of these things as I drive a sporty type car now

I did consider a Toyota Townace but they all seem rather old and the shape doesn't really look that good . And the important thing is that the wifey even likes the look of the Delica so I will not get ay complaints Very Happy
sambsam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.jcimports.co.uk
Wrecknett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nutty Guy Just do what the guys on the sight suggest look around and get the best you can with every extra that is going cos you will see a better one later. Get one with chrome bars mine are white and each morning I get in I want to take a chopping axe to them also make sure the alloys are in good nick. I got my Delica and then found the site so I did it the wrong way round. For what I payed I could have had a better one but you learn by your mistakes. I still love mine

Wrecknett ( older newbie) SeeY

Delica 2.8 Spacegear Exceed 1996
astra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrecknett wrote:
Hi Nutty Guy Just do what the guys on the sight suggest look around and get the best you can with every extra that is going cos you will see a better one later. Get one with chrome bars mine are white and each morning I get in I want to take a chopping axe to them also make sure the alloys are in good nick. I got my Delica and then found the site so I did it the wrong way round. For what I payed I could have had a better one but you learn by your mistakes. I still love mine

Wrecknett ( older newbie) SeeY

Delica 2.8 Spacegear Exceed 1996

ditto - exactly what i did.. and i did find a better one... so i have got rid of those awful white bars now!

but you are right, i did love my exceed Smile so much so that i wanted a bigger one! *grin*
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: