QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Service schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
black magic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 18:32    Post subject: Service schedule Reply with quote

Got the weekend to service both of our mk1s and fit new alternator and belts.
Just changed the ATF on hers topped up transfer box and checked the rear diff which needs oil. i remember seeing a post on lsd diffs but can't find it again.
There is a red sticker on the door pillar just above the catch which is written in Japanese, also looking at the diff to the right of the level plug theres is a clean rectangular area where a sticker may have once been.
Is it an LSD? If so what oil ? Halfords are closest to us.
Chassis is L149G
Engine is 4D56
Transmission is v4awz (or that z might be 2)
Axle is 4875
I have owned and worked on supras for the last 10 years so this is all new to me especially diesels so if any one can suggest some service items that would be good.
On the supras part of the trans code denoted wether it was LSD and the ratio. Is there information of this type in the above vin plate details?
Is Dot3 ok for brakes?
Changing pads all round on hers. What is the set up for the hand brake? We both have rear discs so are there shoes inside the disc as per supra or do the calipers have to be wound back?
Lots of questions and I appologies if there are posts that already cover this but i could spend all night just doing searches and still not get all the information i need.
BTW both are lwb tdi 2.5 mk1s hers auto mine manual.
Thanks in advance Martyn
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 18:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

black magic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump  Crying or Very sad
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Un bump Laughing If theres a red sticker on the door pillar its got an LSD afaik the Mark1's only came with a LSD
Doubtful if Halfords will have LSD oil main choice local motor factors.if they ain't got it they will get it ...even better if you have a local agricultural Merchant near they WILL have it .tractors love the stuff Wink  Very Happy

Re brakes you got it shoes are inside the discs
Dot3 will be fine for the brakes

Dextron 2 for the Auto EP 80/90 for the manual box

Service items Air Fuel and oil filter

www.milneroffroad.com

15 quid per set

Chuck 1/2 bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel filter housing rest into the tank ...should transform the beasties

Un bump ended
HTH  Wink
black magic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the ball as ever. well done, Very Happy  now can you make the sun come out? 7 0'clock here and its wet and windy Crying or Very sad
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

has nick said,but from experience,i would use 75/80 in the manual box, as 80/90 can cause stiff gearcange in the colder months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: