QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2.8 Alternator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 17:55    Post subject: 2.8 Alternator Reply with quote

Anybody here know if the brush packs on the 2.8 alternators are removable without stripping the alternator apart? some hgv alternators can have the brush packs taken off the back by undoing 2 screws just wondered if these are the same of if they have to be removed with a soldering iron etc? mines gone capoof so its comin off tomorrow just wondered if i could source the brushes tomorrow and do it myself? any ideas lads and ladies of course Wink Very Happy

Marc 8)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 17:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate can't help you there, or as Vanner would put it
Do let us know what you find though Wink
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, see this....
http://www.japanese4x4spares.co.uk/mit-shog1.html
Don't think the 2.8 has vac pump if you scroll down to alternators.
Pete
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Marc, you mentioned BBA before concerning the G-sensor - I think this might be who you need for the alternator - same day delivery to Sussex and they are aware of alternator failings on Mitsu Shogun/Pajero.
Pete
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, url is here
http://www.bba-reman.com/rotating/
marcsparks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers pete i did have a quick squiz at them yesterday but didnt look to deep Embarassed moment of stress i think (the kids im sure you know what i mean lol) ile give them a tinkle in the morning and see what they say,the place up lowther road in brighton wanted £140 for a rebuild on it and a friend of mines mate (kaelec in lancing) wants ££35 brushes only or if its the brushes and the rectifier volt pack? it would be £75 so i shall find out tomorrow how much bba want and if its sensible then i think i shall go with them and get a decent rebuild guaranteed,cheers for your help mate much appreciated,phoned halfords yesterday just for a giggle and they said for a shogun 2.8 alternator would be £288.00 Shocked and he wasnt sure if it was the same either!cheers amte all the best

Marc 8)
marcsparks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update **** Got the alternator back last nite new brushes new ic regulator total cost £65.00 went out at 720am this morning and fitted it back to my beast 8am finished Very Happy all back charging as she should be im happy to be driving her again since having 4 days not driving
the chap tat done the rebuild in lancing west sussex is kaelec and i would highly reccomend him to anyone locally who needs an alternator done.

(off now to play) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marc 8)
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted Marc. Back to work now then I guess! I'm off to Southampton again today to check out the Mazda RX-7 and take a load of pics for any interested parties - I keep getting asked if I'll do a PX (some wants to give me a 1996 Mitsu FTO GPX tiptronic with loads of mods + £2k. Tempted.....
You gonna put Mr Alternator Fixer in the "parts" bit?
Pete
marcsparks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers pete, here it be http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=71578#71578

Hope the trip down to southampton goes ok would like to see a couple of piccies too if you get 5 mins spare Very Happy cheers matey all the best

Marc 8)
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

'twas a good trip thanks. Popped into Import Solutions and picked up one of those sleeker rear foggies for my Deli. The RX-7 is well sexy - I've put some more pics up on my site. Couple of small paint issues need sorting and I think I might try Gleam Clean and see what they say. I reckon £200 should see it sorted. Then into Brighton Mitsu on the way back to pick up my Laguardia Silver paint. Just finished sanding, priming and repainting the bonnet duct for the Deli tonight. Took an hour and looks brand new. Just need to spray a lacquer topcoat now!
ATB
Pete
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: