eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

legaly use lanes........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driftuk

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:05    Post subject: legaly use lanes........ Reply with quote

i am a bit confused, if i become a lifetime member of this club can i legaly use byways ,or do i need to join glass...????? Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becoming a lifetime member on here, allows you certain privileges/discounts from various organisations and shops/businesses, it also allows you to enter a few extra forum rooms, that can't be accessed without it......... the money that you pay to become a lifetime member also helps the club.

Unfortunately it doesn't make us immune to speeding fines, or any other fines for driving illegally..... It would be great if it did though.

As for byways etc....... others will answer with far more knowledge than I have, but if the law states that no-one can drive on it, then we can't either (lifetime members or not). If it is just mud and rough terrain stopping people driving on it, then a Paj will give it a go Laughing but only if it is legal to do so.
driftuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:53    Post subject: GREEN LANING Reply with quote

Cheers for your advice, i think i need to pay a yearly sum to glass to be able to drive down them, or can you just drive down them,because they are called public byways..?
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontknow You need information from someone who knows a lot more about this than I do.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/Environment/PublicRightsOfWay/

this what you need for your area. being a member of anything doesn't give you right to travel any where.

Glass, is a good orgnisation, that researches lanes byway etc etc, you need to check with the local authority 'rights of way office' if you're in doubt of any lane.

Minefield at the moment in the whole of the UK as to the use of many lanes!
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftuk wrote:
... i think i need to pay a yearly sum to glass to be able to drive down them ...

You can drive down any lanes  without membership of any club or society   --- but  only if they have a legal right of way status   ... check this with your local authority  -  different areas  have different people as the authority on this...

we as 4wd users need no bad press about driving wrong routes etc .....

there is tons of help and advice on here or other 4wd sites  that you can use ...  

If you want a trip out - check out the events section,

as Richie says,  the status of many tracks is in the balance at the moment, and several of us are working and negotiating to retain our rights as road users ...

I have been greenlaning and off-roading for over 24 years, and we are in the biggest conflict  at the moment    spend some time supporting your local 4wders   ..yes, join glass,  but also join a local club, and  get some events  going ...  or join in ..

have fun

mark " 4x4 x 20+yrs" dale
driftuk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice thats pretty much what i needed to no thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: