QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Breakdown companies ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iain

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53    Post subject: Breakdown companies ... Reply with quote

I have to say that there is only one breakdown service thats any good....the AA

I read somewhere that 80-odd% of breakdowns are attended by the AA themselves
Which means their equipment and vehicles and their trained staff

And more importantly means you dont get some backstreet garage turning up with some old wrecker truck and a guy who really doesn't give a damn

Im sure there is bad experiences from some with the AA but overall i would say they are the best.closley followed by the RAC....

The others are shoestring budget cheap imitations

(thats just my opinion)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

iain wrote:
...I read somewhere that 80-odd% of breakdowns are attended by the AA themselves
Which means their equipment and vehicles and their trained staff

Sorry ... I believe that's a myth!

The largest recovery services, including the AA, RAC and Mondial, are largely made up of 'independents', most of whom have an 'exclusive' agreement with the larger company.

iain wrote:
...And more importantly means you dont get some backstreet garage turning up with some old wrecker truck and a guy who really doesn't give a damn

That's a very unfair representation of the vast majority of independent breakdown recovery operators Iain!

That would be like saying 'All plumbers / electricians / builders / etc are cowboys'!!!! It's just not true!

iain wrote:
...Im sure there is bad experiences from some with the AA but overall i would say they are the best.closley followed by the RAC....

The others are shoestring budget cheap imitations

(thats just my opinion)

Our worst ever recovery experience was with the AA ... badged up truck and everything ... 1am and the guy stank of booze!  We had young kids with us, weren't far from home and desperate to get back - I don't however judge the AA on this single bad experience!

i'm sorry ... it's been a while, but I'm going to have to do this ...

Simon Laughing
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, we were in Shrewsbury with the Paj, missus heavily pregnant, 2 hour wait at 9 o'clock at night then AA refused to take us home because we had an automatic and he bought the wrong truck out and there were no others available!
In the end me Father-in-Law called the RAC out for us, they were there in 20 minutes and used an 'independent' to bring us back.
The independent was a local company, so were there on our doorstep, had no problem with them at all, even tho we weren't RAC members.....
After a year I am still waiting for a reply from the AA complaints team...... Confused  Shocked
But like you said Simon I wouldn't judge the AA on just one incident.....
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the past i have used RAC ,AA ,GREEN FLAG they all have their faults
and having worked as part of a recovery fleet (independant)
yes its true all the companies use the cheapest available option  normally being a local garage  Embarassed the tow truck guys are just that not mechanics or trained fitters

but now with the cost of recovery being astronomical i can see more of the recovery companies going down the road of "to the nearest place to get it fixed" Crying or Very sad  unless you buy their premium service for mega money covering cars under a certain age that are covered by a dealer warrenty  Rolling Eyes
with most modern cars being filled with more and more electronic systems road side repair is just not going to happen
its going to become a puncture with a wheel change or run out of fuel with a charge service  Crying or Very sad
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in the aa and have been recovered 2 times both not by the aa but no problems
Stu C
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkoke down in Flamborough(that remote even the vilagers dont know were it is) on friday called breakdown from 2gether there in 30 mins,nice ride home.Well impressed very good service Very Happy

Stu! Pajero hater! Evil or Very Mad  Wink  Wink
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was with the AA i once broke down with a Rover V8.
I walked to a petrol station literally 150 yards up the road and phoned for assistance. got a coffee from the machine and walked back 150 yards to the car. AA man got there before i did.
Max time 10 mins.

Good, or what?

bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: