Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Ahh borrocks, overdrive switch just gone iffy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 19:58    Post subject: Ahh borrocks, overdrive switch just gone iffy Reply with quote

I had to have a prob sooner or later. All way back from Southampton everything fine and dandy, overdrive switch working etc etc. Finally got reg number today, plates made up, fitted plate, drove down road - all fine. Felt like switching OD off just for something to do but the button wouldn't pop out. No problem really as rarely switch OD off anyway. But stoopid me - thinks maybe the locking mech inside the switch is probably just stuck so decide to jab the switch (in a similar way you might poke someone with your index finger if you're trying to start a fight). Eureka, switch popped out and OD turned off.
But, guess what........it now won't stay in!
Hikari website say switch not repairable but shifter has to be replaced. Not having any of that! I'm going to try and pull it out tomorrow and see what happens. I'm sure it's only a "push to break, or push to make switch". If I hold it in then OD enages (dash light goes off). What I'm thinking of doing if I can't fix the switch is losing then end of the shift stick, putting an alloy knob on it and mounting a switch for OD on the dash next to the A/T mode switch.........BORROCKS
Pete
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 19:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your the second person thats happend to in as many weeks pete Crying or Very sad someone else on the forum had the same thing bloody things you could always tape it in lol Laughing Laughing not a bad idea tho puttin it on a switch on the dash should be simple enough to trace the wiring back and extend it if necessery ,glad you got the reg sorted tho matey

Atb Marc 8)
sambsam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinks - never ever touch O/D button ever again!

Only solution I can think of is some putty type glue around switch, then hold it in with cable ties until set.............
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may be able to repair it but need to check in daylight tomorrow. The bit of the switch you press can be prised out and I think I may be able to get the rest out and replace it. I'm gonna have a go anyway seeing as it's already broke. If it's broke then break it more is my motto Laughing .
dusty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:17    Post subject: overdrive switch Reply with quote

there are only 3 wires to the o/d switch,if you connect either the red or yellow to the remaining wire it will switch o/d on or off,i wired mine permanantly on 9 months ago and forgot about it,it then means you can shorten the gear selector like you said and get it clear of the stereo/dvd or whatever you fitted in there
dusty
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: