eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Things that most annoy you about other drivers........

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be more done to stop Sat-Nav systems being 'plonked' onto the middle of the windscreen, blocking the drivers vision?
Driver should get 3 points and a fine.
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Driver should just be stopped and asked to move them.
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
I can't see a problem.
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Make two of the offenders drive head-on and see what happens
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Ask Tom Tom when you get there
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

earthmover
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33    Post subject: Bad Drivers Reply with quote

Hiya Captain, It's a lot better along the A14 past Kettering towards the M1 lorries are not allowed to overtake, as Gazziz says "Speed limiters actually cause accidents" well not the limiters, but lorry drivers who just have to go that extra half or one mph, and old bill have been doing drivers on the A14 who sit there on extended overtaking, and giving tickets for "Driving without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road"
Saying that I think the A14 should never have been two lanes dual carriageway, it should have been three lanes, again a lack of foresight by government planners. Lets hope that when they plan the A14 bypass around Spittals link from west of the A1 across towards Cambridge. (But I doubt it if Cambridgeshire County Council have anything to do with it)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ukrabbiter

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

drivers that tow in the 3rd lane of motorways  Rolling Eyes
usually Range Rovers

wagons on the M62 (5 lane section) when they line up in 4 lanes racing up the hill @ 40mph

folk that ignore the "Keep 2 chevrons apart" signs
infact folk that just ignore all road signs: give way, stop, no parking, no overtaking, bus lane, the list goes on

councils that lower speed limits on roads that didn't need it
(then the speed traps sit in wait for a few weeks and catch folk still doing the old limit)
we have a lot of national speed limit roads round here (very rural)
but many have been dropped to 30 or 40, when it was needed, as there's no houses, and in some cases, not even streetlights
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthmover ....I tend to use the A1m from Peterborough , A14, M11 to get down to Essex and visit my parents. During the week at Rush Hour (?) that's a no no. The A14 past you in Huntingdon is a nightmare. I don't understand how the planers ever thought that was going to work , given the A14 to M6 link and the Enhanced 8 lane A1m to/from P'boro.  Rolling Eyes  
It's good to hear the Police have taken the problem on board. But that's a bit like a sticking plaster to fix a broken arm Shocked
earthmover
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 13:41    Post subject: A14 Reply with quote

Captain, If you get onto the A14 Huntingdon - Cambridge section before 6.30am you'll be OK but later than 6.45 and you'll wonder where they all came from, (as you very well know.) When I worked at Barrington Cement works last Christmas doing a relief (It closed Monday, another victim of recession) I used to listen on the radio and if the M11 was blocked anywhere after my turning I'd nip round onto the A428 Sandy Rd up to Caxton Gibbet and then straight down  giving me a choice of rejoining the A14 or going thro' Godmanchester/Huntingdon and straight up the old A1 to where I live at Sawtry
mungodog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most pet hates already covered here. One not mentioned as I skimmed through them was the wazzocks that don't look in their mirrors. How many times do you pull over for an emergency vehicle to pass you only to find the person behind overtakes you, oblivious to the fire engine on the way to stop his house burning down, or you see them blocked by idiots who haven't seen those give away flashing lights and need a hearing test!

Also, although not "drivers" as such, what about horse riders? Not the sensible ones, the brainless ones who think two abreast and no effort to pull over on a busy main road is a good way of a relaxing horse ride.

Final one for the minute - numpties who try to park in a small space by driving into it forward and then blocking everything while they try to get their tail end in.
V624V

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who think our cars are too big too be fast...

Evident in 2 forms

1, Overtake someone on the motorway who is sat at 70-80mph, and they feel the need to accelerate and pass and then slow again...

2, Overtake someone as the lanes merge as you go to filter in front they put their foot down... had a Audi Convertible do that to me last night...
It confuses me why he would try and jam himself between Shogun and barrier??  Laughing  He realises that the large vehicle next to his front wing is actually not slow and he has to brake... AND THEN FLASHES HIS LIGHTS  Twisted Evil .... at the next roundabout he makes the 'nutter' sign to me... go figure..

...oh and Renault Laguna drivers... Closely followed by Xantia drivers.. (obviously their numbers are decreasing rapidly! Laughing )

M
V624V

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 17:19    Post subject: Re: Bad Drivers Reply with quote

earthmover wrote:
It's the Ar****les who just have to sit in the 3rd or 4th lane of the A1M Nr me when there's hardly any traffic about on a Sat or Sun night,  and you can see for a mile at least They really p**s me off, I can quite happily sit in the nearside lane at 70 mph with the occasional overtaking, and NO reason to move out to the 3rd or 4th except to overtake. That said I find Mr Gupta is one of the main perpetrators

I think the worst bit of A1 for me is north of Dishforth when it drops to 2 lanes... No one seems to dare use Lane 1 even though Lane 2 is stuck at 60 (or less)...

...you can do a good few miles overtaking (ahem) at 65mph... there is always some half asleep lane hogger thats left a nice big gap for you to filter into..

If nobody undertook it could turn into a one lane car park one day!   Confused
earthmover
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

mungodog wrote:
How many times do you pull over for an emergency vehicle to pass you only to find the person behind overtakes you, oblivious to the fire engine on the way to stop his house burning down, or you see them blocked by idiots who haven't seen those give away flashing lights and need a hearing test!

NOT having a dig at you Mungo. I read in a paper couple of years back about a bloke sat at red traffic lights whilst a f/engine or ambulance sat behind with it's 2s & blues going so he pulled away to let it pass. Of course the CPS took him to court for failing to stop at red traffic lights  and he got done. Can't remember what it cost him. but this is one of those laws where common sense sitting on a bench would help.! Also a driver on his way to Harefield hospital with a heart in a box (Similiar to chicken in a box but a lot more pricey) with his blues going and I'm not sure if it was Cambs Police or Lincs police took him to court he got fined for speeding, but quashed on appeal. Anyway I just hate all other drivers. lol
mungodog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Earthmover, I remember the one with the red lights as well. As they say, sometimes "the law is an ass!" I meant more the ones on dual carriageway roads who happily just block the path of an emergency vehicle wanting to get past, totally olivious to its presence.

Have to say, if it was safe I'd still nudge through the red lights to let one past still and take my chances in court. Smile
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus
Location: France/Belgium/Holland/Switzerland and sometimes Italy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my satnav positioned in my paj just above the compass/temp gauge pod thing, tho whilst driving up the M6 last night I was shocked to see just how many people have got theirs litterally in the middle of the windscreen  Confused

My pet hate is caravan drivers who wont go over 40mph - I can tow with 2 horses up and do 55mph quite easily!!
sudza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bezzabsa"]Dont get me started - after 14 years  as a 'professional' driver (hgv's) then believe me I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of pet hates...needless to say - Lane hoggers/mobile phone users/people who couldnt read a road sign if their life depended on it, rate quite highly!!
3AM middle lane doing 45 Mph... refuse to budge to let me passs correctly - so i 'undertake'......to high beams - Horn and finger waving - he then speeds up to 60 - to pass me again - then sits at 56 at the side of me trying to 'intimidate' me - Me in 18 tones of Loaded Scania - He in a CINQUECENTO....erm slightly unfair fight I thought..

Oh and the all time classic  -lets brake in front of a fully loaded wagon and see what happens  Exclamation - when I'm driving usually quite a lot of accelerating from the car in front when they realise I aint slowing down, and that it may 'hurt ' a little

SO we wont be reading anything from you on HGV drivers that TAILGATE cars & other HGVs with about a foot to spare.
Or going full bat through road works as HGVs appear immune from Speed cameras & TAILGATING motorists that are complying with the roadwork speed limits.
As for the braking in front of a fully loaded wagon by a car driver,this indcates that you are TAILGATING & trying to intimidate other drivers by virtue of the size of vehicle you are driving..This might teach you to keep a safe braking distance between yourself & those in front of you.

I have to put up with HGV drivers everyday & they generally try their tactics on me at some point..Sorry dude ,it aint happening..Pity the speed cameras dont nail you at the road works though.
bezzabsa

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sudza"]
bezzabsa wrote:
Dont get me started - after 14 years  as a 'professional' driver (hgv's) then believe me I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of pet hates...needless to say - Lane hoggers/mobile phone users/people who couldnt read a road sign if their life depended on it, rate quite highly!!
3AM middle lane doing 45 Mph... refuse to budge to let me passs correctly - so i 'undertake'......to high beams - Horn and finger waving - he then speeds up to 60 - to pass me again - then sits at 56 at the side of me trying to 'intimidate' me - Me in 18 tones of Loaded Scania - He in a CINQUECENTO....erm slightly unfair fight I thought..

Oh and the all time classic  -lets brake in front of a fully loaded wagon and see what happens  Exclamation - when I'm driving usually quite a lot of accelerating from the car in front when they realise I aint slowing down, and that it may 'hurt ' a little

SO we wont be reading anything from you on HGV drivers that TAILGATE cars & other HGVs with about a foot to spare.
Or going full bat through road works as HGVs appear immune from Speed cameras & TAILGATING motorists that are complying with the roadwork speed limits.
As for the braking in front of a fully loaded wagon by a car driver,this indcates that you are TAILGATING & trying to intimidate other drivers by virtue of the size of vehicle you are driving..This might teach you to keep a safe braking distance between yourself & those in front of you.

I have to put up with HGV drivers everyday & they generally try their tactics on me at some point..Sorry dude ,it aint happening..Pity the speed cameras dont nail you at the road works though.

think we'll have to agree to disagree.....as most hgv drivers will have a go at car drivers and visa versa..
paulfaw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

And dont even get me started on tailgating HGV drivers.   Twisted Evil
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who voted "cant see a problem" ...

Course you cant - the bloody Sat Nav's in the way Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: