QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

how to change atf fluid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 14:30    Post subject: how to change atf fluid Reply with quote

had mine done last nite
use dexron 2 ATF

sump plug on bottom of the auto box
take the autobox dipstick out
undo the sump plug and drain it into a container or jug with liquid amounts on the side so you know how much has come out
drain the box
when finished fit the sump plug again (with new washer!)
see how much fluid is in the jug and remember it(mine was 2 litres)
clean the jug and put the same amount of new fluid in as old what came out(2 litres in my case)
open bonnet and pour the new oil in the auto dipstick tube which is located on the left hand side of the head with a fine funnel
once the jug is empty refit the dipstick
start the car up go through the gears twice and recheck the level and thats it

do all this again 1 week later when the new oil mixed with old
so its even cleaner
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 14:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely explained Paul  Very Happy

NB:  Some people managed to get upto 5 litres out, so ensure when doing the change that you have sufficient oil to replace it with ... don't get caught short  Wink
dave36

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 23:42    Post subject: thread in FAQ how to change atf fluid Reply with quote

I was unfortunate enough to have to have my fluid changed, on my 93 2.5td, the directions (above) are incomplete.

The gearbox contains about 4.5 litres. there is about another 2.5 litres in the cooler and its lines, this too can be cleared out.

Disconnect the drivers side line to the cooler at the gearbox end (not the one with the switch in) and gently blow the atf back to the sump with an airline and allow it to drain as well.

This results in 80% of the oil being drained, I agree that it needs doing again shortly, but there are a lot less contaminents left in the system as only 20% of the bad atf was left in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: