QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4 wheel to 2 wheel transfer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marbellaM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:56    Post subject: 4 wheel to 2 wheel transfer Reply with quote

Hi there.

I have a 93 Exceed. This morning i used the 4x4 mode but it wont change back into rear wheel drive mode, it is flashing it is still in 4x4 mode, The manuel says " Straighten the wheels and depress the accelerator pedal a few times slowly"  this worked  before, but not today, i had to drive to work in 4x4 mode..

Any ideas? As fuse, needs lubrication?

Thanks

David
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

paul_c2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert but I think the 2wd-4wd bit is done by an actuator near the front axle. It might be a vacuum or electrical pipe which has come loose here? You could always try again shifting through the 4WD options. Sometimes mine takes a little while to disengage, if I apply then release power to load/unload it, it will 'click' off. Maybe something can be taken apart and cleaned up?

Sorry to be so vague, hopefully someone can confirm or deny the above!
marbellaM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul.

I get that impression from the stuff i have been reading, I'll have a look around later..

Vacuum or electrical sounds like a good bet, I was bouncing it around off road a little so it makes sense something could have come loose, in fact when the fan came on today in traffic i heard a sound like a something was rubbing against the blades as it went round, so this could be it,

Thanks

David
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have something rubbing the fan...... CHECK YOUR BOTTOM PULLEY Shocked if it has come loose, the results of a loose pulley can be far worse than the flashing green lights on your dash.
marbellaM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that makes sense, put it sounded like a small twig just touching the fan blades, nothing crazy..I am looking now.

Also my thermometer and compass are all weird, i took apart the unit, plugged it back in, and it showed as normal, I thought I had found a loose connection, then went back to a totally gibberish display..  

Ideas about this guys?
marbellaM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 19:26    Post subject: 4 wheel drive problem Reply with quote

Well I have to admit to being totally thick.

I put the Pajero into reverse for 10 meters and the flashing green light stopped ! 4x4 problem stopped.  That was after 4 hrs research, climbing around underneath, getting all oily at work and checking all the vacuum hoses etc..

What a plonka !!!

Thanks for helping... Oh this website is fantastic for this problem, check this out.

4wd.blogeasy dot com

David
paul_c2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it an auto?
marbellaM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Automatic..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: