Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earthmover
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Dick Turpin Reply with quote

That's exactly what I do Anne but today I saw the last post's date and wondered what it was about. I'd just like to know if there are any concessions for OAP's. Y'know down to £20 or so!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 20:57    Post subject: Re: Dick Turpin Reply with quote

earthmover wrote:
That's exactly what I do Anne but today I saw the last post's date and wondered what it was about. I'd just like to know if there are any concessions for OAP's. Y'know down to £20 or so!

hilarious withstupid
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donated via paypay today,
As payment for item received from Wiggletiger.
now i have a compass that works. Laughing  Very Happy

bob
PAJERO JIM

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 17:40    Post subject: hi guys cash or way Reply with quote

hi im new hear all i can do at the mo is 5 is that ok m8 Very Happy
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie....go to the club shop and buy your yellow diamonds for £5...that helps the club too!!!!! Wink
Big Steve
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon, I can't believe that you have had to ask for funding to keep what is the best Club site that I have ever had the privilige to go on "Alive". The site itself is nothing short of "Phenominal" & quite honestly must take a lot of administration keeping it in tip top condition.

Having read your post regarding the costs etc I feel quite bad at having never financially contributed other than to buy some Protec from the shop which they then kindly sent me a Yellow Diamond for me to show that I was a member of this club....but I have felt that although I was able to show that I was a member I had not paid for the privilige.

To ask for £1.00 off each member is quite frankly not enough, sure there will be people who will "crab" at having to give a pound & there will be those who are out of work (like yourself) through no fault of there own & cannot afford to give (fair enough)...maybe the answer might be to go back to charging a "Joining fee" & then a regular annual subcription...I used to be a member of this club 10yrs ago when you used to send out a club magazine & an application/renewal form...obviously things have changed since then both technically & financially but the principle remains the same...it's our club & we should support it. I have read the replies to this post & the majority have donated £5.00 & some even £10.00...that just goes to show how dedicated & grateful people are for your hard work & continued efforts to keep this club alive & it makes me feel proud however "proaction is better that reaction" you shouldn't ever have to ask for funding though!. I for one would be happy to set up a standing order to the club on a monthly basis...is this some thing that could be done?.

I would personally like to thankyou for all you hard work & efforts & assure you that a payment of £25.00 will be in the post as soon as I can get it from the wife's purse!.If this makes me a "Lifetime member "then please sign me up, if this is not enough then please let me know (asap) & I will donate accordingly.

Now before anyone jumps up & down on my shoulders & has a go at me regarding some or all of the comments above, please understand that I do not want to enter in to a debate about this but as you can tell I feel quite strongly about this situation & think that it needs to be said.!

Keep up the good work.
PS: All the rest of of you...dig deep!....now I will step down from my soap box.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on your soap box, it needs saying, but in fairness, the 'core' of those you see here daily/weekly, do keep the club going, along with the tireless work of Simon, and the few in the background helping in the way they can, that is arranging the meets, helping members with repairs, advice etc.  But as you say, as a relevant but active newbie, this is the best, not just one of the best, and like every thing else in todays world, needs finance to keep it going.

The debate about yearly membership etc, has been discussed over the many years, well thats nearly 9 years now, and I think, it is widely accepted that we are a free to join, run on a contribution basis.

Your comments like above, are appreciated by the many here, and I am sure Simon will reply in PM to you.

Enjoy the forum, and try to get to some of the meets we have.
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve ...

and to everybody else that contributes in ANY WAY AT ALL towards making this club what it is and keeping it going! notworthy

There is some good news ...

During 2008, I agreed to ForLinux changing the datacentre where my server is, from London up to Derbyshire ... this has resulted in a reduction in the annual charge.

I've also managed to negotiate an early renewal with ForLinux, resulting in a reduced charge for the next 12 months - SO ... I've paid for the next 12 months hosting now, in anticipation of funds coming in, which means ...

While I still need to find the funding for the payment I've just made, and the Club insurances will still be due in the Autumn, The Yellow Diamond Clubs are guaranteed to stay online for the next 12 months!  thumbleft thumbright

We're told that we'll be coming out of the recession at the start of 2010 ... Let's hope so!  

Thanks again for your ongoing financial support, technical support, events management and general banter, (not forgetting our moderators too!!), that all go towards keeping this Club, (and the group of Yellow Diamond Clubs), at the pinnacle of 4x4 communities! notworthy

Simon
Big Steve
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ritchie, I will try & make some of the meets...would be nice to put some faces behind the names.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Steve wrote:
Thanks Ritchie, I will try & make some of the meets...would be nice to put some faces behind the names.

Just don't bring any CD's of the Houghton Weavers  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:
Thanks Steve ...

and to everybody else that contributes in ANY WAY AT ALL towards making this club what it is and keeping it going! notworthy

There is some good news ...

During 2008, I agreed to ForLinux changing the datacentre where my server is, from London up to Derbyshire ... this has resulted in a reduction in the annual charge.

I've also managed to negotiate an early renewal with ForLinux, resulting in a reduced charge for the next 12 months - SO ... I've paid for the next 12 months hosting now, in anticipation of funds coming in, which means ...

While I still need to find the funding for the payment I've just made, and the Club insurances will still be due in the Autumn, The Yellow Diamond Clubs are guaranteed to stay online for the next 12 months!  thumbleft thumbright

We're told that we'll be coming out of the recession at the start of 2010 ... Let's hope so!  

Thanks again for your ongoing financial support, technical support, events management and general banter, (not forgetting our moderators too!!), that all go towards keeping this Club, (and the group of Yellow Diamond Clubs), at the pinnacle of 4x4 communities! notworthy

Simon

Thank you Simon  thumbright  thumbright
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Sorry to go on the beg again ...

Fortunately for us, the server has been paid for, for another year  hello1  thumbright  ...

yeay ... but we need still to raise more funds for the Public Liability and Events insurance and some more towards next years server costs.  

I know we are deep in a recession but unfortunately server costs and insurances don't reduce in price and they still have to be paid  Confused

So, to get the ball rolling again, I have donated my £5 via the club shop  

Contributions

and will be using my yellow diamond as a beer mat!  Wink
(Now theres a challenge ... 101 things to do with a yellow diamond Wink )
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

just donated!!!! Wink ...hmmmm...new Y.D earrings!!!! Wink
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you notworthy

Simon thumbright
carolrabbit
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donated!!!  Attach some string make bikini top for my holidays Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: