Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Who do you use for breakdown cover?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadwolfe

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Who do you use for breakdown cover? Reply with quote

I am looking for breakdown cover for my Paj and mondy.
Both me and the wife to drive euro cover not needed.

So, who do you recommend?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jimbro
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with CSMA who use Brittania but I heard Kwik Fit are doing decent cover for around £35
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used AA because they cover the car and not the driver!!!! Wink
torch

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best kept secret for breakdown cover... Autoaid.

I've now been with them for over 5 years and currently pay £35 per year which gives me and the wife Homestart, Relay and recovery cover for any car in which we are travelling, regardless of whether we are the owner or driver.

For those that have never heard of Autoaid you're actually buying an insurance policy - it's run by Bocaster Insurance in Brentwood so they do not operate their own vehicles. If you breakdown you can arrange any garage to help you out, or call their 24hr help line for them to send one of their registered garages. The only downside is that you usually have to pay up front and claim the money back.

I have used them 3 times - once they recovered a trailer to my home address after a puncture disabled it - they didn't charge me for this one, the other 2 I paid at the time and the cheque arrived from Autoaid before the credit card bill.

I'm not connected to them in any way, but highly recommend them!
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the RAC . Both SWMBO and I are covered whatever vehicle we are using. We have Roadside and recovery cover and pay for it with £35 worth of Tescos clubcard vouchers. They offer other options as well.
osc0r
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with autoaid, same as 'torch' and never had a problem when making a claim, value for money I reckon, top cover too, been with them for years, only downside, you have to pay up front, but as 'torch' said the cheque arrives before the credit card bill, if your interested I can pm the contact no, this cover is for you and the wife driving any car, they do not take details of your motor

Alec

Last edited by osc0r on Sat Nov 21, 2009 22:24; edited 1 time in total
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both cars covered with the 2GFS Club Scheme <-- Click to link

Great cover - great price!

Simon thumbright
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have AA cover, which covers me in any car that I am in, whether I am the driver or the passenger makes no difference........ it comes with my bank business account. I have to pay the bank a monthly premium, but I also get mobile phone insurance, travel insurance, legal cover and several other things that I can't think of at the moment.

I have tried RAC and Green Flag before, but AA seems to be the best from my experience.

With the amount of miles that I do annually, (my transit has covered over 40k miles in the last 12 months Shocked), I couldn't afford to be without any roadside cover.
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are with green flag cover for me and debi
caravan
motorbike
trailer
any vehicle we are traveling in   all covered
had to use them twice in 4 years both on Debi's old red swb  brilliant
bigb1970

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often worry about breaking down when im towing my car trailer!!So green flag is good??
torch

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of Green Flag (Direct Line). I was with them when the wife overturned the caravan - they recovered and then sent me a huge bill which I refused to pay until they explained what it was for. They started sending threatening legal letters warning that they WOULD sue me in court for the costs and that my life WOULD be ruined once they had obtained a CCJ againt me as I wouldn't be able to get credit again.

I let them take me to court.....    they lost.

I'll never use any Direct Line/Green Flag product again.

Stopped using the AA after I called them out for a jump start in the early hours in London one night - waited 5 hours and then gave up on them - that was many years ago so I don't know if they've improved any.
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Green Flag, as they cover double journey with your car and any trailer/caravan etc being towed ....  ie,  if you break down on the way on holiday, they wil take you to your destination, then if you can't fix it whilst there, they will bring you back...  very few other companies will do this ...  I changed to them, after many years with the AA, after I broke down on the way to a club meet in Scotland  4 or 5 years ago -  The AA offered to take me there, then basically said  tough luck, but we can't take you back ...  I had to make a decision at the roadside to either go to the meet, or go home ....  as only 1 recovery was offered ...  I was organising the meet, and carrying a load of kit, plus all the BBQ food .....  so,  I went to the meet with the AA, then many friends from POCUK rallied round, and I managed to bring back 2 knackered vehicles ( as i also rolled my off-roader), plus the large caravan I was towing...  many thanks to all those that helped ....  especially Taz !

So, I now use Green Flag, as I think they are the only one with double journey cover..... plus all the usual cover, covering the car, and named drivers in any car ..... we have used them since  for roadside asistance, and normal recovery - always very good service, and none of the relay rubbish that AA do, transferring you from vehicle to vehicle in Service Stations ...  

mark " goes both ways ( well, my car recovery does !) Laughing " dale
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left the AA for green flag, after they towed me [ not an auto] at 50+ mph despite me telling them I had never been towed before OH S4!T I nearly did
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 other thing to add about green flag

when Debi lost a wheel from her lwb paj on her way home from work ,she was less than 400 meters from our house,they sent a breakdown guy out to help even though we had no home start cover (must be more than 1 mile)   it turned out that all her wheel nuts were loose as if someone had tried to steal her wheels   the guy checked and tightened ALL the nuts using a torque wrench    Laughing
JasonE
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of the range RAC for me and the family , covers anyone in any car anywhere in the world...

Work pay for it all   Cool    Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: