eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Current SVO legal position ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 13:35    Post subject: Current SVO legal position ... Reply with quote

It used to be the case that to legally use SVO, (Straight Vegetable Oil), as a vehicle fuel you had to pay duty on every litre that you set aside for road fuel purposes.

However, since July 2007 if you are using/producing fewer than 2500 litres per year of SVO, which is not duty paid, then you are not required to pay duty on this fuel.

This essentially means that for a business with low mileage use or for personal motoring, provided that it is not excessive, then the use of SVO can be duty free!

Full details of this threshold limit can be found HERE on the HMR&C website.

It should be noted that the 2500 litres per year is a threshold and not an allowance - If you exceed this threshold, then you are required to pay duty on the FULL amount that you have used including this first 2500 litres! Shocked

Simon Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 13:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord Rolling Eyes  Shocked  the Government are getting realy serious about GREEN issues. About time too Very Happy
4x4 phil

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

Just a note on the new proposed 2500 ltr svo, this sounds gr8 but  what we need now is the out-lets to drop the price of stuff in the s/markets, here in gu7 area price per ltr is still around a pound =ltr,

so not much of a saving ,
lets hope is comes in line  with the old price of svo   37p  ltr or better .
many thanks 4 the info  
4x4xphil
noiseboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

REVOGEL wrote:
Good Lord Rolling Eyes  Shocked  the Government are getting realy serious about GREEN issues. About time too Very Happy

nope its because HMC&E lost a court case over the duty payable on svo, from memory they wanted 41p perl but somebody proved that svo was a diesel quality fuel,so only due for 27p duty. At 27p it was costing them more to collect than they got back (also everybody filled their duty returns at the end of every month, so when you got dipped you then put a small amount on your return  Cool  (so I`ve been told)

Dont forget though we still have to keep records to prove that we are using less than 2500l!!!!!!

When I spoke to HMC&E they told me there where lots of people registered as biofuels producers, but virtually none of them had started using any svo in their vehicles Rolling Eyes Laughing
byways

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are not many,  (should not be many) using SVO, but there are a few using WVO.  It has come down in price a bit and seems a bit more available now dino has dropped a bit.  More info on http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php from some who are using SVO/WVO/BD.

SVO is a food quality product, better to recycle a waste product!
noiseboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use wvo, but my supplies have been dried up by the companies producing biofuel Surprised( so at the moment it is svo for me, but thats not through choice. Hopefully if the price of dino keeps dropping. then the price companies are paying for wvo will drop leaving more for me!!!

NB
byways

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

noiseboy wrote:
I would use wvo, but my supplies have been dried up by the companies producing biofuel Surprised( so at the moment it is svo for me, but thats not through choice. Hopefully if the price of dino keeps dropping. then the price companies are paying for wvo will drop leaving more for me!!!

NB

Perhaps it depends where you are, or how hard you try? By being regular and professional, (ie giving WTNs etc), should be able to save it being tipped down drains or dumped.
But
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10482
and more
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10502
suggest it's not too bad. Me, I got more than I can use and am looking to run a home boiler off it.
noiseboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for those links, very interesting especially from about one of the oil companies, they are the reason I lost a good supply.
I think a renewed effort might be in order, as I would much rather use wvo Surprised)
tblaney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

fight against the companys collecting the waste... theres a really good way to naff them off...

swap the good wvo straight from the fryer wherever you collect from... with "your waste"... ie what i call sludge. They will get the idea slowly. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: