eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Clear side repeaters mod for 1998 paj/shogun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.barr

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 19:12    Post subject: Clear side repeaters mod for 1998 paj/shogun Reply with quote

Hi all
I have changed my amber side repeaters on my 1998 shogun flared wheel arch body type for clear ones
This mod is quite easy to do all you need to get is the clear oval side repeaters that are fitted to th newer L200 and cut a small slit in where the bulb holder goes
I bought a new set from the mitsi dealer for around £15 they come with a bulb holder for an L200 but this part turned out to be different to the shoguns so I had a look and found out that if you make a slit in the clear side repeater where the bulb holder fits the shoguns bulb holder will now be able to fit and best of all the bulb holders rubber seal is still able to seal on the side repeater
pop in an amber bulb and away you go

Cheers e.barr
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 19:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JohnnyRob

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice1 8)

Have you got a picture of this mod? Will this fit the Mk2?

I'd be interested in seeing the back of the lens' and getting the dimensions of the unit; the wiring apperature on the Mk2 is huge - this presents the biggest problem on this model...

Cheers
JR
himrb

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:01    Post subject: Pajero Side Indicator - upgrade Reply with quote

Hi,
Just did this mod to the side indicators on my Pajero 97 3.5 GDI, the model with the flared arches.
I used some clear mirrored indicators I have purchased for the L200, but found the L200 bulb holders did not fit. You can see the lights fitted to the L200 and the back view of the lights and fitting.

http://www.himrb.com/sidelights.html

They now look fantastic on the dark blue Pajero

I will post a picture asap.

MrB
JohnnyRob

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those crystal lens' look well smart himrb 8) . I'd be very interested in the overall dimensions of the face of those lens' - they may just be big enough to fit the mk2 Wink .

If so you may be able to recycle those original clear lens' to a Mk2 owner Wink . I am often in your area -my parents are just down the road from you in Beckenham Very Happy .

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmn very nice 8)

But can't see them fitting a Mk2 though Sad
JIM O'NEILL

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i get the crystal lenses on line, and do the orange bulbs come with them?
JIM O'NEILL

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i get the crystal lenses on line, and do the orange bulbs come with them?
himrb

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:28    Post subject: 'Crystal' style Side Indicators Reply with quote

Johnny R, you are welcome to come visit and we can see if they fit.

Jim, I know they will fit yours as it is the same as my 97 facelift 3.5 GDI so pm me your address etc, as I have another set. They have the orange bulbs with them as well.

MrB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: