QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

autotrader

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROY H
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 22:03    Post subject: autotrader Reply with quote

Hi guys.
Been a member on here before but sold my car and now im back.
Just to let other buyers know I've been stung by this so called dealer in pajeros....so always check the vehicle over with a fine comb.Even if its a full m.o.t

Just bought a 2.5 exceed from them with a 12 months mot ,Naturally i didnt inspect the car underneath

I was told by my mot and service center that this car is dangerous and shouldnt be on the road.It was motd only 2 weeks ago.
Rang him and gave him a chance for refund but says it hasnt anything to do with him because he bought it with an mot already on it.Completely unhelpful and ignorant to the matter
2x two foot holes on the inner sill beyond the 12 inch body mounts.
Upper wishbone worn.
stabliser link snapped.
a bush missing on antiroll bar
Oil cooler shot.
front discs about to crack
Ring gear on it way out
and other bits.
So its trade standards and vosa from now. Maybe court dontknow

Last edited by ROY H on Tue Aug 03, 2010 23:25; edited 3 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 22:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

General Banter

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:09    Post subject: Re: Beware SIMPLY PAJERO'S AND SHOGUNS leigh in autotrader Reply with quote

ROY H wrote:
Naturally i didnt inspect the car underneath

And here is where the problem lies.............

I can't stress enough how much you need to properly inspect a vehicle before parting with your hard earned, if you don't know anything about cars then take a friend who does.

Good luck with your refund Smile
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely, if the place is a business, and he has sold something that is not fit for purpose........ it shouldn't be too hard for a solicitor to get things sorted.

Be careful with Trading Standards though. They will only too keen to take the case on, but they will not get you your money back, they just prosecute and if found guilty they are fined and/or sent for a holiday in one of H.M. Prisons. The fine doesn't go to you and it is possible that he has empty pockets afterwards, so he won't be able to refund you.

Several years ago, I had bought a Vauxhall Frontera Sport, it looked great, low mileage etc etc........ I replaced the battery and the radio locked, so I approached the original dealer, named in the Service booklet...... they were helpful and provided me with the code, but when I told them the mileage, they were a little concerned as their records showed the vehicle having done 60,000 miles more when they last serviced it 2 years previous. I then contacted the previous owner, and it turns out that she had sold it via an auction, and it also had a lot higher mileage than it showed. I contacted the seller, and he just hung up, and didn't want to talk about it....... so I went blindly to Trading Standards, and he ended up in jail. It seems that they had many complaints about the bloke and mine was just more evidence for their case against him.

Needless to say, I never got any money back against the lower valued car than I had paid, and the bloke did a stretch at Her Majesty's Convenience, so there was no money to be gained from going through civil action..... Trading Standards got their money and there was nothing left, I eventually sold it for a fraction of the price that I had paid for it.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick one on this, although, I think it should be removed until it is all sorted,

1.   If he is a dealer, then he sold it, simple that one, trading standards, and VOSA, inform them both.

2.  Keep a log of who, what when every thing was said and done etc.

We are here to support, but as a forum, we must beware that as a first post, you have kindly alerted us to a problem, and we will guide you through that, you can't just name and shame on a first off basis.

Trading standards, and VOSA is the way to go.
ROY H
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30    Post subject: Re: Beware SIMPLY PAJERO'S AND SHOGUNS leigh in autotrader Reply with quote

General Banter wrote:
ROY H wrote:
Naturally i didnt inspect the car underneath

And here is where the problem lies.............

I can't stress enough how much you need to properly inspect a vehicle before parting with your hard earned, if you don't know anything about cars then take a friend who does.

Good luck with your refund Smile

With the mot being just 2 weeks old i didnt even think to have a look.Stupid me
It was the engine and box i was concerned about as thats what went wrong with my previous one.
Just wanted to warn others on here because he is still advertising.
Trade standards did say he should have offered a refund and vosa are investigating still.
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ring the guy back and tell him that vosa and tradeing standeds  are on the case ,and ask him for refund and see were that takes you  give him sumit to think about and the garage who tested the pajero   Wink
jockinleeds

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the car described? He has an obligation under the Sale of Goods Act for the vehicle to be fit for purpose. Ask for your money back in writing with evidence of your faults and simply state that failure to comply will result in a small claims action.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/c_secondhand_cars.pdf

..And Ritchie is of course correct, the forum cannot be put in a compromising position.

..and can I just say I've been on the receiving end of court action involving a Shogun and lost, even though I'd done nothing wrong. ..and had these forum posts used as evidence against me in court! Be warned Exclamation
darrenmarky

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

if no refund siimple can of nitromors on every car he owns take out a few tyres as well that will cost him a packet
v8 rick
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

darrenmarky wrote:
if no refund siimple can of nitromors on every car he owns take out a few tyres as well that will cost him a packet

Shocked  and maybe get you a spell inside  Rolling Eyes .

rick.
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

darrenmarky wrote:

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  

no offence here but i find that a little hard to sallow , after just been threw only this week some a$$ wacking a tyre lever threw my rad  and cut both front tyres   ,, and why  i will tell u  all because he broke into my shed nick 1300pounds worth of tools  and i found out who had them so did no more and smash his face in and fone the coppers  who charge him with it  now the a$$ think hes dunn nowt wrong and thinks its good to smash thing on my paj to date hes cost me 268 pounds  in 2 weeks mate ,,  and what have i dunn to him the same as the police  $uck all    Twisted Evil
cfeddie

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Simply Shoguns the guy that advertises on ebay in Bury Lancs ?
ROY H
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate its not.Been to vosa and they are taking it further.As for the dealer this is also on going.
Took me along time to save for this car so Court it is.
jockinleeds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats
Right course of action: within the law.
Hope it goes in your favour. Keep us posted.
sugar120

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u pm me i've just been stung by the same guy
paulc72

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always go the legal route...SOGA and if the MOT has been done recently (within 30days) you can also go for the MOT station (I understand from previous experience that after 30 days the MOT station is not approachable by VOSA, however I may be wrong)

At least you found out sooner rather than somethign happen that put your life at risk.

I hope you get it sorted and you have the law on your side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: