eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

HID headlights

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stmedxb4

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold my BMW 540 to get the EVO... and never regretted the decision..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

james cherry

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fitted new bulbs from halfords to the pajero that are 50% brighter but the law says 55/60w  hows this possible Confused
I have a colt CZT with normal bulbs in but also the glass/plastic is completly clear. The beam must be focused by reflecting the light from the rear of the headlight not like the older headlights that use the glass to focus the light.........
Light is light, its how its focused that matters.....  also H.I.D light are brighter because they give off a higher ray of the spectrum
davidvh2

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably be interested to look at this:-
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/featuresvideos/204742/xenon_test.html

I fitted a new pair of Wipac Quadoptic headlamps when I needed to change over to Continental use & they were much better than original lamps
pad4
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread - I find the std lights on the Evo are OK on a lit road, but as i travel mainly over the hills on unlit country lanes they are a bit lame, while HIDs would give a much brighter light and vision, there place is in a pair of spotlamps that can be switched on and off when it suits - ive been on the recieving end on being blinded by illegal headlamps and its not nice or considerate at all, its not so much of an issue in the paj as your up over the glare really but in my audi they hit you right in the face and in the mini (classic mini) they are just down right dangerous, often resulting in me flicking my spots on which are 4 x 100w halogen, 2 long range and 2 fogs just so i can see through the glare - The HIDs are made for rally cars, uprated road legal bulb conversions are made for road going cars , std 12v bulbs are made for old classics - I prefer just to keep it that way and show some consideration for other road users..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: