eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Book now for Mega Meet 2010 !!!

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

i,m getting another pajero after christmas  Laughing  Laughing

but deffo a no no to this meet way to expensive  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 23:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo!!  Laughing
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news John  Very Happy
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight buffalo wrote:
i,m getting another pajero after christmas  Laughing  Laughing

but deffo a no no to this meet way to expensive  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Told ya you wouldnt last  Laughing  Laughing

Tell ya what John the way its going i will be getting another Pajero  Laughing
SID73
Events rep (National)
Events rep (National)

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just to put this into perspective.

Yes its £5 more than "Billing" this year. I contacted "Billing" to see what the charge is for next year,and although the tarrif hasn't been set yet I am informed an increase of around 10% will be in effect from next year.

So therefore the pitch is £2.50 more per night.

The site is vertually on the sea front and within all the attractions of Towyn.

The fee you pay is £31 if the discount is taken up. I've looked at other sites and once you start putting on the additions it soon comes in above the price of Ty Mawr Rolling Eyes

Yes a site could have been chosen that has less on site, but MOST places are quoting £26 to £30 anyway Rolling Eyes

Yes a different time of year could be picked BUT as found out over the past 2 years school holidays are staggered( apert from the Aug hols) so therefore the meet is held over a bank holiday so the members who have kids get a chance of a possible long weekend Wink

Last year we went to Blue Dolphin out of school holidays. it cost me £76 for a 2 night stay.

Thanks for ALL the positive comments guys Wink  

If it all boils down to how cheap we can get it maybe Mega Meet should be held out of school holidays on a "Rallie" field without EHU with nothing at all on site.

Then as Paulc2 says" maybe £5 or £6 anight" Rolling Eyes
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it sounds dear jase,but when alls said and done...it's only a few days....and it's a mega meet.....and last year was the first one i've ever been to...so i got in on one of the dearer mm anyway....but it was well worth it meeting up with everybody and it was fantastic fun!!!!....SO AS SOON AS I GET BACK FROM PITP I WILL BE PUTTING MY DEPOSIT DOWN!!!! Wink

cos after all......we all need a break and a bit of fun!!!! Laughing
SID73
Events rep (National)
Events rep (National)

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dawn Wink  Very Happy
nick-dudley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID73 wrote:
Ok just to put this into perspective.

Yes its £5 more than "Billing" this year. I contacted "Billing" to see what the charge is for next year,and although the tarrif hasn't been set yet I am informed an increase of around 10% will be in effect from next year.

So therefore the pitch is £2.50 more per night.

The site is vertually on the sea front and within all the attractions of Towyn.

The fee you pay is £31 if the discount is taken up. I've looked at other sites and once you start putting on the additions it soon comes in above the price of Ty Mawr Rolling Eyes

Yes a site could have been chosen that has less on site, but MOST places are quoting £26 to £30 anyway Rolling Eyes

Yes a different time of year could be picked BUT as found out over the past 2 years school holidays are staggered( apert from the Aug hols) so therefore the meet is held over a bank holiday so the members who have kids get a chance of a possible long weekend Wink

Last year we went to Blue Dolphin out of school holidays. it cost me £76 for a 2 night stay.

Thanks for ALL the positive comments guys Wink  

If it all boils down to how cheap we can get it maybe Mega Meet should be held out of school holidays on a "Rallie" field without EHU with nothing at all on site.

Then as Paulc2 says" maybe £5 or £6 anight" Rolling Eyes

So basically what you are saying is its a good deal- if you book with the discount.
Unfortunately we cant afford to book in advance, which is such a shame, as i was really looking forward to attending a mega meet, money is just so tight at the moment. will have to see how we are fixed nearer the time maybe Embarassed  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by nick-dudley on Thu Oct 22, 2009 22:22; edited 1 time in total
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick-dudley wrote:
So basically what you are saying is its a good deal- if you book with the discount.
Unfortunately we cant afford to book in advance, which is such a shame, as i was really looking forward to attending a mega meet, money is just so tight at the moment. will have to see how we are fixed nearer the time maybe Embarassed  Rolling Eyes

same impression i got mate
plus it aint that far from stoke
i,m off to ilfracome £10 a night all in loads for the kids to do on site beach 5 minute walk and theres a pup at the end of the campsite
and its end of may
paul_c2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarification, the £5-6/night relates to a small car (after all its a SWB) and 2 man tent. And yes, I'd consider £6.01 to be too much for a night, yet alone £7, yet alone £10 or £31.50 or £43. I guess for a large car and caravan and family, the cost is shared around but I don't have a family or a caravan. I am interested in Pajeros and off roading, not so much kids or caravans.
RayDudley48
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All.
      I think this is getting out of hand. Every one slagging off Jase when he,s put in a lot of hard work.
    It may sound a lot but breaking it down its quite reasonable. We have paid £20 deposit and we have
    until next April to find £106. Money is very tight for us at the moment, but i am sure we can save the
  rest by then.
  Lets not fall out over this Jase&Maz have done a grand job catering for all ages and i think they should
 be thanked not slated.

Thats my opinion for what its worth.

JIB UP.
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayDudley48 wrote:
Hi All.
      I think this is getting out of hand. Every one slagging off Jase when he,s put in a lot of hard work.
    It may sound a lot but breaking it down its quite reasonable. We have paid £20 deposit and we have
    until next April to find £106. Money is very tight for us at the moment, but i am sure we can save the
  rest by then.
  Lets not fall out over this Jase&Maz have done a grand job catering for all ages and i think they should
 be thanked not slated.

Thats my opinion for what its worth.

JIB UP.

Well put Ray, Im up for it and when I get back from PITP, I will pay my deposit Cool
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here....and well said Ray!!!!!xxx......i'm gonna pay my £5 a night deposit when i get back too.....thats a grand total of £35!!!! Wink
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Organising a social get together for a group as large and diverse as this must be difficult, Inevitably there will be some members who will be disappointed for one reason or another. Be it the timing, the location, the cost or whatever that doesn't suit them. Whilst this is unfortunate, I honestly believe it can not be avoided. I don't see what purpose is served by those who are disappointed repeatedly criticizing the event. Perhaps their effort would be better put to use organising some other event at a time or price or location they prefer. I am sure there are many of us willing to give support by attending other get togethers.

I, for one, hope that Jase & co are not discouraged. Some of us appreciate your efforts and we're looking forward to seeing you all at MM2010........By the way, if we could have similar weather to Billing....that would be a bonus  Rolling Eyes
stumpyjoe

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to reserve 5 places (4 nights each) @ £31 a night & sell em closer to the time for & £38 a night Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2010 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: