Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

TOWBAR

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHUG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 18:49    Post subject: TOWBAR Reply with quote

HI ALL.
New member waiting on DELICA being sva tested,can any-one advise about tow-bar(getting one and price as company i phoned said they would have to make one special.
many thanks in advance
shug
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 18:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matey welcome to the club Very Happy

If you take a look here http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7577 there is a couple of manufactures numbers in the thread ,is it an L300 or L400 that you are getting? it may help to pop it into your profile,if you also try a search for tow bar on the delica forum (choose delica technical in search options) then you will get a lot of info back re towbars ,hope this helps enjoy your new motor im sure you will

Atb Marc 8)

Just found this they do them for the delica i beleive http://www.tow-bars.co.uk/

8) 8) Very Happy
myothercarworks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 20:16    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

Hi if its a L400 later shape delica I was in the same position. tryed wattlings they wanted around 300 pounds, said they were the only people fitting them. wrong there is a company based just out side Newport who are fitting mind with double elecs etc for 175 pounds includding vat. Best deal I could find.
I have know connection with this company, just someone who as spend more time then I should of looking at towbar sites and phoning people who look like they just want to make a mint out of you because you drive a gery import.
the companys phone number is as follows
01495-227766
good luck
michael
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 23:23    Post subject: Delica Towbar Reply with quote

Hi

Just brought towbar from ebay ( search - "DELICA" )
Cost only £95.00 including postage still has 9 left.
Fitted a treat all holes lined up !
Mine was for a 1990 but try emailing the guy if you have a later one as he was really good and had a fitting help line open on Saturday and Sunday how that for a great idea.
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 23:24    Post subject: Delica Towbar Reply with quote

Hi

Just brought towbar from ebay ( search - "DELICA" )
Cost only £95.00 including postage still has 9 left.
Fitted a treat all holes lined up !
Mine was for a 1990 but try emailing the guy if you have a later one as he was really good and had a fitting help line open on Saturday and Sunday how that for a great idea.
joyma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:21    Post subject: £199 for diy L400 towbar from "that auction site" Reply with quote

Despite that guy on "that auction site" selling L300 towbars for £95, he's asking £199 for the diy L400 towbars. £175 for a fitted bar doesn't sound so bad now.
myothercarworks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 13:40    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

Hi, interesting to read above about the e-bay ad for towbars. been there done that. I just do not know or have found any place that beats the 175 pounds fitted. I even looked at making one myself but the cost of good metal and fittings came out only a little under 110 pounds so whats the point playing around aday making one.
Its just that people see gery imports as a way of making lots of green money from you. Maybe a delica is not so great after all. and the MPG is rubbish to Laughing Laughing Laughing
Michael
Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 14:26    Post subject: Re: towbar Reply with quote

myothercarworks wrote:
Maybe a delica is not so great after all. and the MPG is rubbish to Laughing Laughing Laughing
Michael

Maybe you should do what you told Astra to do......GO GET A PUSH BIKE Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
myothercarworks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 16:33    Post subject: maybe Reply with quote

Hi fool, I also have a push bike. but the delice is a pig on fuel and thats a fact. Lets get real here its just a van thing. I only own one because its auto but it is not a patch on a discovery and thats a fact to. If you do not like the truth then up yours ok
Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 16:57    Post subject: Re: maybe Reply with quote

myothercarworks wrote:
Hi fool, I also have a push bike. but the delice is a pig on fuel and thats a fact. Lets get real here its just a van thing. I only own one because its auto but it is not a patch on a discovery and thats a fact to. If you do not like the truth then up yours ok

The truth is I didn't expect great mpg, you've only got to look at the size of the thing to work that out.
I get between 20 and 25 mpg, not fooling anybody on that side of things.

Me, I've never owned a Discovery so couldn't rate them, if you like them that much dont you know they do them in auto Rolling Eyes

As for the 'Hi Fool', sorry but i'm a bit beyond name calling
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 18:11    Post subject: Re: maybe Reply with quote

myothercarworks wrote:

Are comments like your first and last really called for?I dont think so somehow do you Question

Marc
myothercarworks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 18:24    Post subject: maybe Reply with quote

OK.maybe calling someone I do not know, maybe do not want to know a fool is a bit off. But lets please get real here. The Delica is not the great gift from Japan it,s a van like 4x4 and yes it is real rubbish on fuel, thats a fact. I don,t realy care what it does MPG wise, but some people are going on about 30 MPG and the like, thats total rubbish. Its a great import because the Japs knew it would never find a large market here, again thats a fact.
We all own these things for one reason or other but they are not that great, yes realy they are not. But this all started with someone asking about towbars, and I think I have given a honest reply to that question. Fanbelts well read up I have given a easy step by step guide on changing one.
Lets all get real, but the toys back in the pram and please stop talking rubbish about these things. OK
Rustysparks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear 'myothercarworks'
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion etc etc, but name calling is childish in the extreme. You really do seem to have an attitude problem on this forum Confused If you don't like Delicas, then bad mouth them elsewhere and/or buy a different car.
Land Rover Discoverys are quite good, so I'm told Wink
WHPC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 21:52    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

Hi Shug,

If you into DIY, try Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2458118554&category=10400. There is a kit for 95 GBP. I know nothing about the supplier , but he has a website full of Towbar Kits?
nelly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 0:50    Post subject: towbars Reply with quote

Looks like a trip to Gwent for me then.Even with the fuel from warwickshire & back (23-27mpg),£175fitted is cheaper than anything I can find.
Even a chap I know that makes stuff out of fine quality steel tube says he would be hard pushed to make and fit one for that price.
The ebay site (towequipe) quoted £201.00 for an L400 kit Not fitted & only single electric.
Regs
Daz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: