2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

POCUK North Wales Wild Goose Chase!!!! Saturday

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 21:17    Post subject: POCUK North Wales Wild Goose Chase!!!! Saturday Reply with quote

Right, So you all have sore heads from the night before (Or Jase's cooking Twisted Evil ). So your thinking what to do, well dont worry no more because Pembo's going send you on a wild goose chase around Snowdonia Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil .

Some of you might of done one of the treasure hunts before, but this time, with it going be the end of May the sun (should be) out longer so, the route is longer then last time and we can add a few more things in.

This time though theres going be a couple of changes.

1st 'Pembos' Shopping List' -- Each team will have to collect certain items as you go around & bring them back to the end, ie Acorns/Feathers/Coke Cans etc

2nd 'Photos' Im guessing that everyone has Digital Camera or Camera on there phone nowadays, so the idea is that you will have to take photos on the way around of things like - Horses/Roads Signs etc.

A couple of idea's i would like to put forward to you lot for some feedback are

-- Each team has a 'Mascot' it will have to be provided by yourself's. Could Be a teddy bear or a Garden Gnome. (Not your pet dog/cat etc) The team mascot will have to appear in every photo you take.

-- Fancy Dress YES Fancy Dress. Each team will have to do the days events in fancy dress. My idea atm is Pirates

You can come for the day for this, bring your Mums/Dads, friends etc, the more the merrier.

Every one will have the route and question sheets, except Nick the Nurse, who will have a rope, to hook onto the one in front and follow Laughing

Edit -- There will be NO offroading/Green lanes on the route. All will be on A/B/Yellows Roads and some 'on foot' stuff

Last edited by Richie on Tue Dec 29, 2009 15:45; edited 3 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 21:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds like a laugh!!!! Laughing ...i've never done a treasure hunt before!!!!! Cool  Cool  Cool

pirates is cool!!!!! Laughing
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, liking the sound of this!
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me Cool
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me too  Smile
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus
Location: France/Belgium/Holland/Switzerland and sometimes Italy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!!!! £45 a night to camp, and then no playtime/laning....  sorry lads Im gonna sit that meet out Sad
SID73
Events rep (National)
Events rep (National)

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW sounds like a crackin day old man Wink I better fill up with the 39pLtr LPG then Twisted Evil

thats the Saturday sorted then, I'll pull my finger out and sort the off roading out for the Sunday Wink

Mega meet has always been a social with off roading chucked in on the side, there will be some froading sorted for the Sunday dont worry Cool
paul_c2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about making the treasure hunt incorporate a bit of green laning too? Possibly by asking for pics on certain landmarks (top of Wayfarer, on the white stones, in a puddle in splashy lane, etc) or a pic of "what's at SJ194381" or a pic of the inclonometer at 30°, or whatever. Those wanting all the points would drive off road, those who don't can do it but take the penalty of missed points?
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_c2 wrote:
How about making the treasure hunt incorporate a bit of green laning too? Possibly by asking for pics on certain landmarks (top of Wayfarer, on the white stones, in a puddle in splashy lane, etc) or a pic of "what's at SJ194381" or a pic of the inclonometer at 30°, or whatever. Those wanting all the points would drive off road, those who don't can do it but take the penalty of missed points?

We have thought about doing a event like that in the past, but there will have to be a number of marshall and the issue of gates crop up in talks.

For this one, with it being more of a family day out, and the fact that not all the 'teams' will be in a 4x4, we have got to keep it on the A/B/Yellows (As posted in the 1st post). There will a some mini games along the way that will have to be done 'on foot' so to speck Wink  

Also the route planned for this one, will be mainly around Snowdon, so there ain't that many lanes open. If we get something sorted with Bala offroad, we might do something fun there. Also gotta be careful with the insurance groups that we dont make this into a 'timed' event or too 'competitive'

Watch this space Wink  Wink
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused oiiiiiiiiiiiiiii what happened to my comment about us scots wearing kilts,we would have worn underwear Twisted Evil  now you wont see tazbabe tickle spuds sporran Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_c2 wrote:
SID73 wrote:
Guys could you please keep this thread on topic, offroading seems to be taking over Shocked

Any ideas etc should be voiced in the "sunday offroad"thread Evil or Very Mad

Paul, back off a bit, let people decide what they want.the poll will show what members want and then the organisers can sort the day out Evil or Very Mad

I'm not the only one who's justified pay & play day rather than green laning - why not tell them to back off too? I've already said I'm happy enough to go with the flow, and there's 5-6 months to go so we're at the stages of getting ideas on the table, etc. So I don't think its fair for you to discourage (reasonable) debate on it!

By all means if messages appear on the wrong thread - move them over, etc or merge the 2 threads or something.

Because one thread for SATURDAY events, and the Other for SUNDAY events. What some people are forgetting is that the Mega Meet is about members and there family's having fun, and not everyone whats to do 2/3 days of laning and/or offroading!

So can we keep is thread for the Saturday fun & games please  Wink

The final details of the Mega meet will not be confirm until the end of April. A lot can & probably will happen before then.
knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy i'd be up for this, give's us a chance to meet the members, i might even have some Y.D.'s by then  Embarassed  Wink
malibu mandie

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS A GOER FOR ME RICHIE BABY.XXXX

OOOO YEA BETTER THE BIG J ALONG I SPOSE  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
tony

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

count us in, it will be strange to see mal driving around in the car at one of these meets!
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good,  

I may have a working Paj by then,  and a caravan ....

mark " got non-working paj's and kaputt caravan " dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2010 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: