Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Duel Intercoolers - Is it worth it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 16:57    Post subject: Duel Intercoolers - Is it worth it? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Noticed one fella on here (forgotten the user name  Embarassed )  is running duel intercoolers on their 2.5.

Knowing how touchy the mitsi derv engines car be with heat, would a second intercooler be a worth while addition to help bring the engine charge tempature down? or would the extra cooler act more like an "interheater" due to the lack of bonnet vent not forcing air through it?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 16:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

samsjeep

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea I am actually thinking of one new big intercooler at the front in front of the engine rad, (I took out the two Air/con rads and equipment a few months ago) so have loads of space to do this. Cool  Thinking of running all new 2.5 "/ 3" stainless pipe work on the left hand side of engine bay giving easy access to fuel filter and pump ect.. Very Happy . No more taken the bloody intercooler  off every time I do a service. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Yeepeee  Very Happy   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Curt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive stainless pipes on mine allready, they came on the car so cant comment on wither they make a difference or not, but they look good if nothing else!
samsjeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be converting mine in the spring, will post up performance effect then.
skyline-stu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, was running 2 on ours, only did basic tests as we knew we were moving to a proper fornt mount cooler, main issue with the factory one is its not got a overly good airflow over it, so 2 really just adds heat soat.... best move s to go front mount, you can keep the AC etc, if you dont mind loosing the grill..! heres the trial working out measurments of ours !

uses 3 inch piping throughout...

prototype manifold parts !

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

glasses7 Work Stu  Very Happy .........how about a 4 into 4 straight thru  same diameter pipes  Twisted Evil
samsjeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm  thats interesting skyline stu,  looking to do the same but mount mine behind grill so it looks stock.  interesting manifolds too,,,,, Cool  Laughing
davie1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Stu,
               been following your posts on the upgrade, cant wait to here about the results.
Think I have seen where 2.8 Bonnets are used to improve airflow, Im sure somebody will come along with more info
Merry Xmas & Happy New year to all
2.5 Exceed LWB Auto
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do at about 5% on a 2.5 .....and no doubt someone will correct me  Embarassed I think the 2.8 intercooler can be made to fit with some mods.but I'm a Petrol Head so the Diesel guys will either confirm or  violent3 me  Laughing
skyline-stu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vent dont make much odds to be honest, we had a brief play with some temp probes, and there wasent much to be gained, its more.. asthetic !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: