QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Diff-lock light flashing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19    Post subject: Diff-lock light flashing Reply with quote

I have searched but can't find exactly my problem.

I have 2004 SHOGUN DI-D ELEG-CE LWB A.  I have been driving it in 4WD fine.  This morning when driving over ice (I think I did stop first) I moved the lever up to the next position and the lights showed 4 green and the centre orange.

Later, before starting out again, I moved the lever back to 2wd and it now just shows the centre flashing orange and all 4 green are OFF.  Bulbs are OK as they all light when ignition is turned on.  In fact tried all of the positions and the only light showing is the flashing orange.

I have tried 2WD and driven forwards and backwards but still no change.

Seems to drive OK but I do not know whether I am in 2WD or 4WD.

What do I do next?

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try, stationary, into N In and out of 4LC [Be sure you are in a position to drive forward before you do this] Drive forwards
LesD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that.  Tried all sorts of permutations - no change.  Gave up, went into park and switched off.

Then thought maybe try again.  With the engine off I put the lever all the way to the top (4LLC), started the engine.  The 4 greens and the orange came on and stayed on!  Moved the lever down through the other settings and bingo!  Done!

Thank you.  Probably due to not being used very often (or at all).

I do not have the user manual but I have today ordered it from the club bookshop.

Till it comes, when should 4HLC and 4LLC be used?
LesD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I have seen a workshop CD for under 5 pounds on eBay.  It is likely to be of any use and worth the money?

Mitsubishi Shogun / Pajero 2000 - 07 Workshop Manual CD £3.49 + £1.50 post.
This professionally labelled CD contains the complete workshop manual for the Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero and the 'Sport' models.

"professionally labelled" sounds a bit odd.
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Re: Diff-lock light flashing Reply with quote

LesD wrote:
I have searched but can't find exactly my problem.

I have 2004 SHOGUN DI-D ELEG-CE LWB A.  I have been driving it in 4WD fine.  This morning when driving over ice (I think I did stop first) I moved the lever up to the next position and the lights showed 4 green and the centre orange.

Later, before starting out again, I moved the lever back to 2wd and it now just shows the centre flashing orange and all 4 green are OFF.  Bulbs are OK as they all light when ignition is turned on.  In fact tried all of the positions and the only light showing is the flashing orange.

I have tried 2WD and driven forwards and backwards but still no change.

Seems to drive OK but I do not know whether I am in 2WD or 4WD.

What do I do next?

When the yellow diff light flashes - its indicating a fault, if its now ok you prob just had a sticking switch...........................

Thanks.
torch

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesD wrote:
With the engine off I put the lever all the way to the top (4LLC), started the engine.  The 4 greens and the orange came on and stayed on!  Moved the lever down through the other settings and bingo!  Done!

My friend you are a genius.

I posted here yesterday http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103955&highlight= about a similar problem, after 2 days of trawling the 'net trying to find an answer to this problem without success.

I was beginning to consider the many hundreds of pounds and visits to the dealers that would be needed to identify and cure this problem.

I followed your example and the problem was solved immediately, however in my case is was not due to the 4wd system not being used - I've been using every option on and off over the last month!

I think that you have discovered an type of reset for the electrical control system for the super select, and urge those that can here to add it to the sticky about the SS system.
HD462

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesD wrote:
By the way, I have seen a workshop CD for under 5 pounds on eblag.  It is likely to be of any use and worth the money?

Mitsubishi Shogun / Pajero 2000 - 07 Workshop Manual CD £3.49 + £1.50 post.
This professionally labelled CD contains the complete workshop manual for the Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero and the 'Sport' models.

"professionally labelled" sounds a bit odd.

It's probably just someone has downloaded the manual, bunged it on a CD with a label and selling them on Ebay. You can just download it yourself, or a similar one that ocvers most stuff. I got mine from >>> here <<<. The Montero is just the name for the Pajero / Shogun in other countries. Seems to be the same for most stuff, and they're the proper factory workshop manuals, not a Haynes manual. There's even manuals just for the engines on there, not sure yours is, as you didn't say, but a lot of variations are on there. Smile
LesD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.  I have the 3200 diesel.

I'm downloading "montero_fsm_2003"

I tried to download "pajero_fsm_np_suppmanual_2003-2005" but the link is invalid.

I have also downloaded "pajero_fsm_printed-2000_engine_4M41-32-diesel" which I presume is my engine - or is it?  How do I tell?
HD462

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesD wrote:
Thanks for the link.  I have the 3200 diesel.

I have also downloaded "pajero_fsm_printed-2000_engine_4M41-32-diesel" which I presume is my engine - or is it?  How do I tell?

Sounds about right, I got the 4m40 manual for mine as it's the 2.8. Not sure, as I've only had mine about a month or so, but I've seen 4m40 listed somewhere for mine, not sure whether it was on the log book or the VIN plate. I know if you go on the Milner 4x4 website it lists the engine number when you pick your model of car, to tailor the parts list for your vehicle.
LesD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

There it list it as "3.2DiD LWB 2000-2006 (V78S)"

My VIN contains "V78W" which may just be a coincidence.
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LesD"]Tried that.  Tried all sorts of permutations - no change.  Gave up, went into park and switched off.

Then thought maybe try again.  With the engine off I put the lever all the way to the top (4LLC), started the engine.  The 4 greens and the orange came on and stayed on!  Moved the lever down through the other settings and bingo!  Done!

Thank you.  Probably due to not being used very often (or at all).

I do not have the user manual but I have today ordered it from the club bookshop.

Till it comes, when should 4HLC and 4LLC be used?[/quote]

2H,4H for solid surfaces 4HLC and 4LLC on slippy surfaces only, centre dif winds up on anything else. Ive been in some pretty sticky mud and got through using 4H though in pic below 4HLC was employed  Rolling Eyes  Laughing

This by the way is the main [only proper] Road to Brazil.
LesD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.  

What is the difference between 4HLC and 4LLC?  I'm waiting for the user manual to arrive.
rcxkryten
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

4HLc use the high range gearbox with the centre diff locked

4LLc use the low range box with the centre diff locked
LesD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your help.
SparkyMark

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my flashing diff light fixed, which was the 2ws/4wd switch in the end.

I had a sudden panic when I read post this that I could have tried fixing it this way rather than paying main dealer prices...  Sad

But, I do seem to remember trying this to see if it fixed the problem, but am pretty certain it didn't. (I'm one to try all sorts of combinations of 'fiddling' before resorting to a main dealer)
Mine was definately stuck in 2wd only (hopeless on anything slippery) but the new switch resolved the problem.

Hope that is of help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: