Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Stuck in 4 wheel drive

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonyt

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you remove it and put it back, without bolting just hold it there, you'll be able to select transfer options again. The simple process of removing and putting it back will fix the problem...just locate the lever in the right hand slot and hold it in place. Once you you can shift...bolt her back up...simple..

T
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JOHN DODDY

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello tony ; so do i try to remove the 4wd lever ?
regards john
Tonyt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

No remove the 4 bolts with the lever so the plate comes off with the lever attached. You can even leave the little vacuum pipe to the back attached, lift it, feel it back down and wiggle to 2H and back...once you can do that with the plate back down, bolt the 4 bolts back in...good luck...
JOHN DODDY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello tony ; thanks for your help ; i will give it another go next saturday ; oh ; and just realised what a waste of money the haynes manual is

regards john
Tonyt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's *beep*
JOHN DODDY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello tony ; just sorted it ; followed your instructions and all fine . saved myself a small fortune thankyou very much

regards john :
Tonyt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Smile
techconnect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys i'm in the same situation right now and seems like this will fix my problem but to be honest I dont know where to start? Can anyone post a picture of where these bolts are located? I'm a rally new to these so please bear with me. I'm a fast learner thou... TIA
JOHN DODDY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry no pictures but a real easy fix ; once you remove the rubber gaiter you will see a silver triangular plate with three bolts ; ignore this plate ; but underneath this palte there is a rectangular plate with a bolt at each corner ; thats the plate to be removed ; a torch will help considerably
techconnect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51    Post subject: stuck in 4wd Reply with quote

JOHN DODDY wrote:
sorry no pictures but a real easy fix ; once you remove the rubber gaiter you will see a silver triangular plate with three bolts ; ignore this plate ; but underneath this palte there is a rectangular plate with a bolt at each corner ; thats the plate to be removed ; a torch will help considerably

Thanks John i'm really looking forward in getting to this part. I just started removed the center console now and I was able to remove the back part that has the cupholder and a piece on the side of the hand brake but I cant seem to remove the front portion. It's "almost" removed but the seems like the 4x4 lever is keeping it from sliding out since it's stuck in 4LLC pointing the lever almost at 2'oclock position. Any idea on how to safely remove this center console first?  TIA
techconnect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10    Post subject: Locked in 4llc 4wd Reply with quote

Thanks John and to all who posted and replied. I was able to fix the problem. As i've mentioned earlier I was having some difficultied removing the front portion of the center console because of the position of the 4x4 lever in 4LLc. I managed to take it off but there is a slight damage on the sidings where the lever was forced.
pontyboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem with my pajero, Im going to have a go on the weekend, good information on this forum Cool
pontyboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done mine, thanks everyone for the information for the repair Smile
doobre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:24    Post subject: stuck in 4H Reply with quote

does anyone have pictures of this 'operation'.?? please.
also I am left hand drive but suppose it's very similar "just around the other way"..?
help anyone.!!!
cheers CD
thazlett

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 19:03    Post subject: Re: stuck in 4H Reply with quote

doobre wrote:
does anyone have pictures of this 'operation'.?? please.
also I am left hand drive but suppose it's very similar "just around the other way"..?
help anyone.!!!
cheers CD

"2 screws in the center cubby hole, 2 more under the suspension setting switch, that will allow the rear section of the console to come away once the cables are unplugged. Then the front section, a screw either side in the foot wells hold the console in, once removed you should be able to remove the console. It may get awkward because the lever is stuck in an annoying position but you'l get there. Then just unbolt the surround / rubber part, then unbolt the lever from the top of the transfer itself. What I did at this point was remove it, used a socket extension(screw driver will do) to slide the [ shaped piece down toward the back of the Paj, this will select 2H. Then just re-attach the lever and everything else... should be it. Please note though mine is a 2.8 Manual, should be almost the same for an auto I would have thought? The transfer lever is on the opposite side in autos / manuals.

Mine has done this twice so I got it done in 20 minutes the second time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: