eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Jap Car Imports Chester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theboatpainter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 21:43    Post subject: Jap Car Imports Chester Reply with quote

Hhmmm what can I say, well I'll start by saying that the salesman was one of the nicest I’ve met. He went to great lengths to tell me why they have privacy glass fitted, why they have to fit a gizmo to the radio to make it work, why the japs do this and do that Blah blah. So what’s this lever for? I asked, Oh that’s the 4WD, what are the other two positions for? Oh don't worry about those; you don’t need them in this country he replied. I had to bite my tongue, so I asked him about the hand throttle, is that the choke? I said, yes he replied. Do all diesels have a choke? I ask, yes he said. I then got down on my knees to have a look underneath, as you do, at which point he starts laughing and telling the wife, that all bloke's do that! They feel that they have to; it's a man thing he said. Well in that case I'd better take it then I said, at which point he knocked off £700 with out asking, how strange I thought, so we shake on it. Full service I ask? yes he replies! Camshaft belt as well I said, Oh that’s at 100,000, and you've only got 75 on yours, is that miles or kilometres? I ask, don’t worry about that it'll all be sorted for you sir. I went to pick up the vehicle a few days later, and was informed that the radio was elsewhere at the moment, and would I mind calling back tomorrow? No problem I said, and while I sorted out some papers, he went out to the car, came back and announced that it was ready to go, tax disc on windshield and MOT and logbook in glove box. Get home and find only the logbook in the glove box, no mot. I went back but they had left for home, I had a quick look around, in case he might have dropped it on the forecourt, but had no luck, it was late by now and getting dark, so I went home a bit peed off. Late the following day I went back to have the radio fitted and enquire about the MOT, I complained about the missing MOT, at which point one appeared on his desk as if by magic, It sat there in the company of a tax disc, with the registration number of my vehicle on it. I had been driving around with the wrong tax disc on the car. As for the radio he struggled that much to fit it, I said leave it and I’ll do it myself, the relief on his face said it all. Ok so the following day I take the car into my workshop to see what had and what had not been done, and was not surprised to find that they had done nothing. Not even an oil change, I mean squat, diddly, *beep* all, nowt call it what you like. I must come clean here and tell you that, for the greater part of my working life I have worked as a mechanic. I expected very little to be done to the vehicle, but even I was surprised to find that nothing had been done. When I inspected the vehicle myself, it was plain to see that the car had been very well maintained, the engine was as good as new, there were no fluid or oil leaks, It was what you might call (a good un), I had already made up my mind to purchase the vehicle, before having the salesperson inflicted upon me. Because I acted as if I knew very little, I felt I was treated like a prat. And the moral of this story is (I dunno, but if you must buy a car from these people then get the AA or the RAC to check it out) and take some one with you who knows what there doing.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 21:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Trucky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 19:52    Post subject: *beep* car imports, backford nr chester Reply with quote

i very nearly bought a 92 2.5td from there, is the guy youre on about the one with glasses?, nice guy when getting you to do the deal. Anyway, test drove paj, went down toward Mollington village "Do u mind if i try 4wd" i asked, "yea no prob, u dont even have to stop with these gearboxes u know" said the bespectacled one " but dont put it in diff lock cos u can do some damage if youre driving on tarmac", shift into 4wdh, loud bang from front axle, " that doesnt sound too good" knock out of 4wd and limp back to forecourt. It turned out that drive shaft had snapped cos there was no oil in the axle. I was assured that everything would be fixed and it would be fully serviced, the guy seem quite miffed when i lost interest , reckoned i wouldnt find a better car
The car was up for 6k with 88k mileage.
Got pajero privatly on 94 plate with 60k mileage for same money Laughing
Terry N

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a look round there, he has another branch at Newton le Willows. I seemed to remember he had a large amount of stock, including some Delica's which really impressed me, i made enquiries about a Delica that was coming in, and was told that as soon as it was cleared from the docks, they would contact me, I'm still waiting Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: