QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

DASH BULBS REPLACEMENT in pictures (dummys guide)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob of the north

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 18:11    Post subject: DASH BULBS REPLACEMENT in pictures (dummys guide) Reply with quote

(this thread edited and moved to the technical FAQ. Thanks for your effort, nice one! - admin)

ok i am not trying to re-invent the wheel or put anyones nose out of joint but i feel that a forum is only as good as what the members put in.

doing a search on this forum inevitably leads to the answer being "DO A SEARCH IT HAS BEEN COVERED  BEFORE"
doing a search can lead a reader off on a tangent and end up with the answer never being found if the reader sees 20 odd pages of possible answers

So why not have a HOWTO Section.

So with that in mind i have done an idiots guide on how to replace the bulbs in the dash board on my 2.5lwb auto.

So here goes (mods if you would like the original pics sending i am more than happy)

ok tools needed

2x phillips screw drivers (one snub handle is a must)
rubber glove (left or right hand depending on what you are)
pen and paper (to write things down on how plugs are laid out)
if like me you decide on a complete bulb replacement then you will need
23x 286 and 7x 504 (halfords) other wise as and when.

So we begin with the removal of the 3 screws which hold the top cover of the dash
the first

The 2nd

and now the third which lays under a small cover in front of the windscreen i have taken two pics to give you an idea of location and why you would need a snub handle screw driver

Now you can pry loose the top cover bearing in mind that the front & rear foglight the hazard light and rear window demister plug are still attached so dont yank at the cover wondering why it wont come free.

Nimble hands make light work here  Sad  unplug them from the back and make a note of there orentation this is were the pen and paper come in handy).

Now once removed we can see the next 3 screws that need removing

Now again gently pulling the clocks forwards there are 4 snap connectors on each corner  that are at a 45degree angle and again nimble fingers make light work of these.

once undone you can lay the clocks down and have full access to the bulb holders.

viola

each holder is turned anti-clockwise to remove.

now this is were you need the marrigolds chaps (do this indoors and away from the lads as your street cred drops if your caught wearing em)

you can easly remove the bulb from it's holder wearing a rubber glove now just pop in the new bulb into the holder and replace..

reverse the above and like me you should have a dash board that is illuminated for all aspects of selection.

Bob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 18:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bob of the north

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

samber wrote:
well would you believe it
on the way yo McDon's i noticed my D had gone on the dash
and was going to ask how easy it was to change the bulb
and look, it's all here
could someone tell me what wattage i need to buy, i cant find the info in my handbook

Cheers

I belive they are 12v 2.5watt. for the small ones and 12v 3watt for the larger one.

The larger ones effectivley illuminate the dash which i am contemplating changing to cool blue (like in the VW's). if i do that then i am gonna change the ones in the A/C panel & compass/altimeter/pitch also to match.

just wondering if anyone has done this and did it have the desired effect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: