eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Sunday Green Laning

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus
Location: France/Belgium/Holland/Switzerland and sometimes Italy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Sunday Green Laning Reply with quote

MOD EDIT : 03 May 2010

NEW UPDATED LANING POST HERE  (<--Click)
Sunday green laning (Updated)

I've been asked by SID73 to organise a few greenlanes for the sunday of MM10.  I think it will be best to divide the lanes up into 'easy' , 'moderate' and 'I like to break my truck'.

The easy lanes will all be do-able in an unmodified 4x4 running on road tyres. Suitable for shineys and 1st timers.

The moderate lanes will be do-able in an unmodified 4x4 but you will probably need all terrain tyres and it will be slightly more tricky terrain. eg some steps/rocks. Nothing too extreme though.

The more recovery equipment people bring, the better... be it waffles, hi lifts, saws, spades... whatever, just in case!

So can everyone have a think about what sort of stuff they would be happy to do, and put it on this thread; so then I can divvy up the groups and plan the lanes and routes accordingly  Very Happy  (no more than 5 in a group of trucks going out together)

Also if anyone knows of any lanes they'd like to do then list them here. Every little helps

cheers chaps and chapettes  Cool

Easy Group:
Pembo has sorted lanes for the easy group  Very Happy

Richie & Pembo - Leading (CB)
Captain England (CB)
andy_pajerotdi (CB)
Kylecollie
KoolKat (CB)
Pajerobabe (CB and peeing standing up)
pink.teg

Moderate Group:

GROUP 1
Haylands - Leading (CB)
Tazbabe & spud - Back door persons (CB)
Jas828
Revenant
Paulc2

GROUP 2
Idratherbesurfing - Leading (CB)
skids - back door man (CB)
Tony (CB)
Corcovado
DawnH & Flyin' High (CB)

GROUP 3
Denjo - Leading??? (CB)
Leebeelee123 - back door man(CB)
BigJ & Malibu Mandie (CB)
TATfan
SID73 (CB)

GROUP 4
Stumpy - Leading (is this ok Jim?)
Baddoo - Back door man
danneh
Jimbro (CB)

If anyone wants to go out afterwards and do a few more difficult lanes then I'm sure we can arrange something  Very Happy

Last edited by idratherbesurfing on Wed Apr 28, 2010 14:20; edited 29 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to do the bost ya truck ones please.
If you need a group leader Im up for that too.

cheers me dears,
Lee

Got CB and will have recovery equipment before then!

Last edited by leebeelee123 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 23:40; edited 2 times in total
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 23:36    Post subject: Just for you Jo ;) Reply with quote

I try and keep a list of groups, so put your name here if your wanting to go and what group you what to be in.

You can come and meet us if your not staying at the Mega Meet and what to go laning.

Also looking at no more then 6 in a group, with one group being more for the 'modified vehicles'.

Could do with the Leader & Gate shutter having CB radios, but if your in the middle bring it anyway.

Last edited by Richie on Fri Jan 29, 2010 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:21    Post subject: Re: Sunday Green Laning Reply with quote

Quote:
"idratherbesurfing"]if you're out with me in the 3rd group then you're going to bend something  Laughing and you will need at the very least a bit of lift, a tidy set of mud tyres, and proper, rated, tested RECOVERY GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i.e not a Halfords or a pound shop tow rope.  

If you do not have at the very least a RATED recovery rope with you, then you will NOT be going out with the 'extreme' group, and you will go in the moderate group.
and yes, we WILL be checking.

This is really important, as some of you know, the Pheasant Pen Steps going up is a area with history in POCUK meets (There is a video somewhere Question ), so you will need the kit & we will be checking before you set off Exclamation

This is only for the ones in Jo's group, the others will be ok, but if you do have any kit with you bring it anyway as it is always handy to have  Wink

Last edited by Richie on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:59; edited 1 time in total
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

how difficult are the steps going down?...anything like at pitp's???? Confused

if so i'm up for that one!!!!......only cos i don't want to break anything!!!!  Laughing
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will be ok going down, TATfan did it in completely standard 2.5 on road tyres and he didnt bend anything  Very Happy

link to pics of V-Gulley and Dog Leg for the other group: http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12837&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You be ok Dawn, you can always put josh on the outside for protection  Twisted Evil
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie wrote:
You be ok Dawn, you can always put josh on the outside for protection  Twisted Evil

Yeah, you could have your own back for the *beep* iceballs he threw today!! Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckily for him that he's not too good a shot!!!!! Laughing

i will hopefully have a bit of recovery gear by then........porta-potti,toilet roll..........and maybe a tow rope!!!!!
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more info about the V-Gulley... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

An absolute classic "Bocage" greenlane, one could devout a whole blog to this alone (might do that one day). Most laners start at the west end going downhill into Glyn Ceriog ,although either way is possible. Starts off just a farmers track, but quickly turns into a deep gorge with the base been a V shape (hence the name), due to the stream which runs down the middle. Very narrow with tree roots sticking out you can definitely expect damage, in fact I've never been with group with hasn't suffered some damage.

CB aerials, roof racks, mirrors, tires, windows ,lights, snorkels soon get ripped off. Drivers who have never done this type of lane before quickly get disorientated due to the poor light and overhead tree cover, so expect a "roll over"., Although safe, ie no drop, recovery is made difficult by lack of space. In parts its impossible to open the doors, so soft tops any advantage, climbing over trucks (or under) is common, as the banks are impossible to climb due to the loose earth. Photo shoots made worse by the poor light, although in recent years the vegeation has been cut back. At the east end (bottom) the lane leads out straight into the narrow lanes of Glyn Ceriog, so make sure if in a group everyone knows where to go next as some will have lost comms cause of broken CB aerials. It is possible to loop at either end and go back, plus at the at the bottom there's a convenient hard flat standing just before the UCR to fix punctured tires, you'll not fix them on the lane!
West end (top) SJ189382; east end (bottom) SJ200382
At the bottom if you turn right (west) and proceed to the mini-roundabout there's some toilets, and a shop with a convenient off road place to fix your truck!
andy_pajerotdi
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill have the easy group please Very Happy i have never done it before and dont particularly want to break anything Very Happy
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy_pajerotdi wrote:
ill have the easy group please Very Happy i have never done it before and dont particularly want to break anything Very Happy

your name is down  Very Happy do you have a cb? dont worry if you havent, its not essential
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Please put me down for the Easy group...First timer.....I have a CB and a wife who can be trained to shut gates  Smile
Er....no forget that I am sure she would be great at closing gates...but better still at getting me to shut 'em  Embarassed
andy_pajerotdi
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have a cb, i just ordered a new one as my one is knackered!! , oh and i have a diesel leak as well Very Happy but that will be fixed by then Very Happy
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what truck I have to see which lanes we do, if any !!

a couple of Vids below:

The Pheasant Steps ..

Link

Me getting too high a bow-wave in Corwen Car Wash !! duh! Rolling Eyes

Link

I have been up Pleasant Steps a couple of times Jo, but never done the gully. I doubt if I'll have a truck suitable by then for the gully, but maybe one for likes of the steps ..   is it possible to bypass the gully, and meet up "at the other side?" if in that group?

If I'm vehicle-able, I'll lead or back-mark if someone has the routes and a navigator! - will have CB, rated kit etc

If no truck, we'll be in the delica, and go shopping or something! Wink

all sounds good

mark " back to wales" dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2010 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: