Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Anyone heard of or had dealings with BG Autos in Peterlee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulP666

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 22:01    Post subject: Anyone heard of or had dealings with BG Autos in Peterlee? Reply with quote

They've got what looks like quite a nice SWB that im quite interested in, but with them being about 130 miles away thought i'd ask to see if anyone knows if theyve got a good rep or not?

cheers, paul. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 22:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

colin h

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard that its normaly *beep* wot they sell  Shocked is this the swb http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/P-MITSUBISHI-PAJERO-SHOGUN-2-8TD-AUTO-SWB-WHITE_W0QQitemZ290396217473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item439cf6a081
PaulP666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep thats the one, says he might do a deal on my leon, but not sure as its a bloody long drive to find out its a bit of a dog  Laughing
haylands
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price seems a bit steep to me... look closly and it looks like the arches and bumper corners are scratched and the rear n/s bumper is misaligned... also has holes in the dash...

Plenty about at the moment and if you pay top money then be picky.....

Good Luck
HD462

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to have a look when I was looking for mine. It's a bit of a back street garage on a small industrial estate, gave me the impression of a crash repair shop, dark and dirty. They had quite a few 4x4s in, none of them were as good as they looked on the photos (and I told him so). Rough looking, as if they'd seen plenty of off-road use, filthy interiors spring to mind as if they'd been through deep water. Over priced, and boss wasn't there to be able to talk about a deal. I walked away, felt like my time had been wasted to be honest, there's loads more around in better condition for less money.

That one doesn't look bad compared to what he had in when I looked (might still have them), bit it does look a bit expensive (I'd say at least a grand too dear).
PaulP666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that, doubt its worth the drive then lol my last paj was a bit of a shed and dont want to get lumbered with another pice of carp, but now i've decided to get another paj i'm starting to get impatient  Laughing want one now  Evil or Very Mad  Laughing
PaulP666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

haylands wrote:
Price seems a bit steep to me... look closly and it looks like the arches and bumper corners are scratched and the rear n/s bumper is misaligned... also has holes in the dash...

Plenty about at the moment and if you pay top money then be picky.....

Good Luck

blimey youve got good eyesight Laughing
haylands
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just used the zoom feature and had a close look, you can also see the carpet on the drivers side is real dirty at the edge under the mats...

Don't get impatient... take your time... it's your for a long time.... persoanlly I'd get one from a private seller, check it over well, ask for it to be cold when you go to look at it, to test the pump seals... be very picky and give it a real good look over, most people are scared to ask the right questions and test the car properly... it's your money... spend it wisely...

Good Luck and have fun finding one...
colin h

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you look on his adds at the e reg lr 110 he bought that in for £900 of the lad who buys and sells in our village  Wink
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not buy a Paj from any-one who calls it a 4x4. Laughing

bob
PaulP666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit of an update...seen this on THAT site 290399107851 what do you guys think of that looks pretty mint, altho think the glow plug ecu's gone cos looks like theres a manual button on the dash, but apart from that looks pretty good...was thinking of putting a bid on, what do you think?
haylands
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a clean motor... three bumper end caps have a scrape, but apart from that it looks very clean... mind you it does look like people are getting carried away with the price, that is real top top money for it... but I suppose the good ones will always fetch good money...

Have a bid, but decide what you want to spend and bid that amount with 20secs to go.... don't get drawn into bidding earlier.. if you get it, you get it, if you don't there will be another along soon...

Also if/when you pick it up make sure to check it all over very well, the seller is a dealer and he hasn't said anything bad about it but I expect there will be something... make sure you give it a good test drive at all speeds and if you don't know much about cars workings then take someone who does.... he can't leave a buyer negative feedback anymore so even if you win it you can walk away if it's not as described... And certainly don't pay any deposit before you go to look at it...

Good Luck
NorthYorkshireChris

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 0:34    Post subject: B & G autos Peterlee. Reply with quote

All I can say is there an  ok bunch of lads, and dont judge a book by its cover, yes its a dodgy looking place and Barrie the owner looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp but he ok really. The guy that showed me roung the shogun I was looking at was really good, he had owned shoguns and pajero's and knew them inside out. They had some really nice motors in when I visited and I bought the Shogun and got £250 off it. I reckon there pretty genuine and I came away happy with what I bought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: