Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

rear door / tailgate lock jammed / ceased / won't open ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Al

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Had the same prob, mine used to open again after going over
a few bumps.
But like Tim says after spraying with lube haven't had prob again.
Laughing Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 20:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also try spraying up through the hole where the handle goes through from outside (where number plate lites are) you can just see the linkage connectin to the handle and spray copius amounts of wd40 in there worked for me

Marc 8)
MoJo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 20:34    Post subject: Re: Ahhh, can't open rear door Reply with quote

EvilEd wrote:

Women and cars just don't mix do they!

I take it you like hospital food !

enyarick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

similar prob...havent sorted it out properly though. Happened when people tried to open the back door without it being unlocked...after which no matter how many times you tried the manual central locking or the remote (on the alarm) the handle was floppy. Anyone else wonder why Mistubishi would give such a big door such a 'weak' latch? I mean who is supposed to be able to slide that thing across Shocked !!!! Anyway after trying maybe 20 times, it gave Very Happy and since then i have been pretty careful about opening the rear gate. And it hasnt caused me any problems since(fingers crossed) I figure if the door is open then it will be easier to get at the problem area rather than working from the inside. Wink
John R

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:37    Post subject: Rear Door Lock Reply with quote

If you want to solve it for good, once you are inside the membrane, smear the linkage pivots, particularly the one where the small coil spring is, with copperslip. I guarantee it will solve the problem for a long, long time!

Cover the slit you had to make in the membrane with racing tape. Replace everything and look forward to the next difficulty. This one will not come back.
alanj
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a quick way in look up into houseing you see 10mmx10mm plastic part off handle, push it up with a screwdriver lock and unlock with remote the door will open.

alanj
trukkie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this last week - read all the stuff about taking off the back door trim -decided to try wd40 instead.

Sprayed the stuff through the small hole under the handle aiming towards the lock. Left it over night to soak.

Next day opened no problemo - been fine since.

Trukkie!
Musa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would refuse to lock with the central locking. WD40 did the trick Wink
John R

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 15:21    Post subject: Rear Door Locked Reply with quote

WD-40 is wonderful, wonderful stuff and you shouldn't be without it. However, in time it does dry out and the joints and pins can (will) partially sieze up again, through ingress of *beep* through the hole where the handle mechanism goes, (particularly around this time of year in the UK,) Don't be lulled into thinking you have cured the problem because come next winter, guess what........?

Refer to my previous posting and give the mechanism the copperslip treatment. (If you don't know this stuff, you can get a big tin in Halfords for £5 which will last you for years.) You should also put in on your wheel stud threads, a light smear behind your brake pads and on most nuts and bolts underneath if you ever want to move them again.

Try it, you will be amazed at the difference!
John R

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 15:25    Post subject: Rear Door Locked Reply with quote

WD-40 is wonderful, wonderful stuff and you shouldn't be without it. However, in time it does dry out and the joints and pins can (will) partially sieze up again, through ingress of *beep* through the hole where the handle mechanism goes, (particularly around this time of year in the UK,) Don't be lulled into thinking you have cured the problem because come next winter, guess what........?

Refer to my previous posting and give the mechanism the copperslip treatment. (If you don't know this stuff, you can get a big tin in Halfords for £5 which will last you for years.) You should also put in on your wheel stud threads, a light smear behind your brake pads and on most nuts and bolts underneath if you ever want to move them again.

Try it, you will be amazed at the difference!

(I don't work for Halfords, nor any other motor factors. This stuff is ex- military, actually NATO and was originally developed by them for "extreme condition" vehicles. Will that recommendation do?)
nickbg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:18    Post subject: Tailgate Door lock jamed - Any Ideas ? Reply with quote

Went to open the tailgate door last night - but found the lock had jamed in the lock position..... arghhhhhhh not handy when I had a boot full of gear...

Has anyone got any bright ideas on freeing the lock ? All I can think of is the remove door card of the tailgate and hope that I find a way of releasing the lock........
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bright idea's here, just informed advice on Pajero problems

If you go to the drivers door, and rattle, that is pull up and down on the door lock lever on top of the trim, very fast and for a few minutes, it should release the back door, it should be OK for some time, but what you need to do, is remove the door trim, get at the inside of the door lever, spray some wd 40 around, good soaking, all over the levers, cables etc, that should sort it for a long time.

Common fault, all in the FAQ's in tech , or search, rear door handle and stuck etc,
gadget man
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra
Location: Thetford, Norfolk, England, Planet Earth, Universe, Solar System, Some Where In Space...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

climb in from front remove door panel youll see lockmech its the bar that moves the catch that sticks use wd40 to free it of should be ok do mine about every 6mths
nickbg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - will give it a try tonight
leeb
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find if I climb in the back and slide the red lock catch to the left, usually with a screw driver as it's quite hard to move, that unlocks the rear door Exclamation
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: