Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Increase boost pressure on 4M40

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikka

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Link

I was amazed by this triton, not that drag car with lots of smoke, this triton don't have that much black smoke but have really good power.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 16:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

El Ricko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

that triton is a different animal to your 4m40

it will be a common rail diesel with electronic diesel control, and vnt variable vane turbo... you dont stand a chance of tuning like he does without converting your 4m40 to electronic control and a variable turbo
Pajero 4D56

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.....Mikka,you should not expect you had the same result as the 3.2 DiD....or if you want power you can directly swap it to a 2.5 DiD which is a 4D56 Commonrail Turbo Diesel Wink

I had see couple of MK1 Pajero converted to 1JZ-GTE engine,thier acceleration was evil  violent3

The VGT is not necessary as this is porvide more benefit when you are towing or runs on a constantly low engine speed but high engine load conditions,on Mikka condition,what he wants is power and as he does not tow something heavy frequently thus he does not need that and that VGT thing once goes wrong is very expensive thing Mad
mikka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

that one is a monster, i expect to get 180hp+ only... 300hp+ is almost impossible, at least a 0-100kmh in 12sec without killing the biker behind me

Link

check out the red hot manifold!! Shocked
gas mask rulez Laughing

and the Blower boost gauge going 48psi Shocked

link to the gallery
http://powerlab-thailand.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=5:power-lab-photo-gallery-5&Itemid=24
Pajero 4D56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....that one i seen before and quite impressed with that result.....but if you notice that thing when it start to accelerate it puff out alot of smoke too before the boost kick in...... Diesel rules Wink
mikka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

acceptable level for me, but those cummins diesel dragster are too serious.

I've read some a Thailand forum and the forumer were talking about 4m40 engine, they said that engine can juice out a lot power, but they didn't talk about any mods...
Pajero 4D56

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro....3.3 Bar of boost,thats require a serious turbo Shocked
MonsterTriton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gents,

i am MonsterTriton,
the video clip and shed page is of my triton.
btw that burn out clip is very very old now:0 when i was still only making 255hp with auto gearbox. Smile

i actually have a new dyno clip-which is now old in this business:
our last dyno made 330hp and 727nm of torque
check on youtube,
monstertriton dyno.
and chevy colorado 361hp 2.5

for the links.

the triton has had some more serious work done to it now, are are planning to achieve close to 400hp and 900nm of torque.
defentially need to use a twin plate clutch Smile -im not using std gearbox anymore. im using the pajero bigbox 5speed manual.

our built 2.5l chevy colorado (same is isuzu dmax 2.5).-street use.

we sell many commonrail diesel parts, such as piggyback kits (increase 60-80hp and 130-150nm of torque easily on all types of 4cyl commonrail diesel engine)
with std turbocharger, intake and exhaust.

we do stage 1-3turbo kits, injectors, pumps, headers, intakes, brakes, suspensions, hybrid turbos, wastegates etc etc etc.

we supply to brazil/pakistan rally teams, circuit teams, drag teams and also street use.

feel free to contact me regarding any questions:

philip_massoud at hotmail
monster-p-industries
samsjeep

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikka wrote:
acceptable level for me, but those cummins diesel dragster are too serious.

I've read some a Thailand forum and the forumer were talking about 4m40 engine, they said that engine can juice out a lot power, but they didn't talk about any mods...

Hi, I'm running 20 psi on my 4M40, don't know what HP it's producing but it's a HELL of alot faster than it was. Razz
sergiu_blue19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,i did the washer thing betwen the waste gate and turbo body,butthe presure is escapig where the inlet manifold meets the head cilinder, i can tell that because is all oily around it,tried the silicone gasket but styl the same,i suspect that the meeting surface of the manifold is now round and sealing only where the screws are ! what should i do?!
mikka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I've been away from home for a while and study at oversea. Now I'm back and done some simple mod. I've serviced the car and fit in a large radiator.
So far no upgrade parts yet. But I've done some tuning that austinsevenuk been suggest.
I turned the max fuel screw for "i'm not sure" how many degree, the idle jump from 800rpm to 2700rpm, and having some hard time getting idle back to normal Very Happy.
Adjust everything max at the boost compensator and also removed the restrictor at the bottom of the diagphram... well, no black smoke, just cloud that enough to blind people before the boost come.
The result, boost automatically rise from 0.9bar to 1.5bar(after 100km/h 3rd gear auto), cannot confirm, maybe higher after 140km/h
Because I'm using automatic gear, slingshot style launching from fully stop require Brake+Fuel and foot off brake, floor the fuel pedal. All I got is burn out until I left off the pedal Shocked , I didn't know it has totally no grip during burn out.

Because of the fan clutch, it some time gave me poor acceleration(but better than old setting)
And one downside, I have to manually shift during full throttle, because the gear will gone crazy sometime, I'm not sure why.

The power increased is a lot a lot after adjusting the boost compensator, and the engine ROOOAARR during full throttle Twisted Evil

I apologize to austinsevenuk about the increasing boost pressure argument. But I have to disagree with you that 4M40 don't have potential...
And some of the people here say that 1.3bar above will have knocking, I've to say NO, no burn smell, no knocking, no cracking sound. It sound like a muscle car engine and ROOOAARR all the way until it suck up all your fuel like mad!!

After I enjoy with the current setting, I'm going to turn the fuel screw up a little more. I'm going for 2.0 bar boost.... of course I've to do some more research before doing that.
mikka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergiu_blue19 wrote:
Hi guys,i did the washer thing betwen the waste gate and turbo body,butthe presure is escapig where the inlet manifold meets the head cilinder, i can tell that because is all oily around it,tried the silicone gasket but styl the same,i suspect that the meeting surface of the manifold is now round and sealing only where the screws are ! what should i do?!

Use pipe plug to replace the relief valve. But removing the relief valve require superman power, I suggest using light hammer tap on the wrench.
mikka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterTriton wrote:
Hey gents,

i am MonsterTriton,
the video clip and shed page is of my triton.
btw that burn out clip is very very old now:0 when i was still only making 255hp with auto gearbox. Smile

i actually have a new dyno clip-which is now old in this business:
our last dyno made 330hp and 727nm of torque
check on youtube,
monstertriton dyno.
and chevy colorado 361hp 2.5

for the links.

the triton has had some more serious work done to it now, are are planning to achieve close to 400hp and 900nm of torque.
defentially need to use a twin plate clutch Smile -im not using std gearbox anymore. im using the pajero bigbox 5speed manual.

our built 2.5l chevy colorado (same is isuzu dmax 2.5).-street use.

we sell many commonrail diesel parts, such as piggyback kits (increase 60-80hp and 130-150nm of torque easily on all types of 4cyl commonrail diesel engine)
with std turbocharger, intake and exhaust.

we do stage 1-3turbo kits, injectors, pumps, headers, intakes, brakes, suspensions, hybrid turbos, wastegates etc etc etc.

we supply to brazil/pakistan rally teams, circuit teams, drag teams and also street use.

feel free to contact me regarding any questions:

philip_massoud at hotmail
monster-p-industries

Respect salute

But we still having problem to pay for the Common Rail Injector's replacement  Crying or Very sad
mctimmy85

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 13:00    Post subject: over boost valve? Reply with quote

Omn my 95 nj 2.8tdi . I wound up the boost from 8-9 psi to 11/-12psi with a bleed valve. was going for 14psi except manifold pressure relief valve kept going off at approx 13psi.

I've heard of people swapping in the pressure relief valve from the earlier 2.5td motors due to being set to 20psi from factory? is this true?
Failing that anyone used a blanked off bung from a plumbling store? what size bung did you use?
grolly6

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51    Post subject: Re: over boost valve? Reply with quote

mctimmy85 wrote:
Omn my 95 nj 2.8tdi . I wound up the boost from 8-9 psi to 11/-12psi with a bleed valve. was going for 14psi except manifold pressure relief valve kept going off at approx 13psi.

I've heard of people swapping in the pressure relief valve from the earlier 2.5td motors due to being set to 20psi from factory? is this true?
Failing that anyone used a blanked off bung from a plumbling store? what size bung did you use?

Did you find an answer to your question?  I'm looking for pointers for my 94 Delica 2.8tdi...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: