QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

my junior off road pics

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juniorbarnes

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 0:05    Post subject: my junior off road pics Reply with quote

Hi guys i had a great day at Hogmoor in Hampshire with the Junior, it was its first proper off road day since finalising the suspension lift and it performed exceptionally well, going places that many other drivers couldnt, even with their expensive big v8 Landy's etc! I love this little 4x4 and highly reccomend it for its off road ability, the thing i love the most is a full days off roading including a 50 mile round trip to get there and back cost me about 15 quid in fuel!
Heres a few pics taken by my pal mark.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 0:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice n sum good pics
Muddybob

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks well, great pics...
Nuck

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great!

Can you elaborate as to what modifications you did to the suspension?
Fender Bender

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures Juniorbarnes Smile  Smile  Smile
Just goes to show you dont need to have a big Landy to enjoy the delights of off roading
juniorbarnes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuck wrote:
Wow! Great!

Absolutely, the rear is the easiest part, using a combo of custom longer springs and pro comp es3000 shock absorbers, the panhard rod has been relocated to keep the axle in line, and finally custom bumpstops.
up at the front things are a bit more involved, the subframe was dropped on 50mm dia nylon66 spacers, the front mcphearson struts have been customised to add 60mm to the overall length, the front tie rods have also been dropped using welded box section spacers, the lower steering column was extended and the gearbox crossmember was dropped again by using welded box section spacers, all this lot then bolts together with a large quantity of extended metric fine pitch bolts which was probably the most expensive purchase of the whole project!

its not exactly the easiest 4x4 to modify as there are no modified or customised parts available for them but if you have the skills or know someone else who does then its a very rewarding project as this then enables 235/75/15 mud tyres to fit the standard alloy wheels with almost no rubbing on the wheel arches and no need for wheel spacers,

If anyone would like more info then im very happy to talk about it, it would be great to see another modded jr in the uk!
juniorbarnes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender Bender wrote:
Nice pictures Juniorbarnes Smile  Smile  Smile
Just goes to show you dont need to have a big Landy to enjoy the delights of off roading

i coulnt agree with you more Fender Bender, one fella in his very highly prepare landrover td5 defender looked pretty annoyed when i crawled up and over a very muddy hill that had beaten all of his attempts !

Long live the JR!
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

well someone had a bit of fun by the looks of it!!!!!! Wink
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Didnt think I went off Roading But some of the Roads are like that here. Hope You Enjoyed  Exclamation  Exclamation  Not keen on the Shortie But yours looks a little Cutie.
Rhino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="juniorbarnes"]
Nuck wrote:
Wow! Great!

Absolutely, the rear is the easiest part, using a combo of custom longer springs and pro comp es3000 shock absorbers, the panhard rod has been relocated to keep the axle in line, and finally custom bumpstops.
up at the front things are a bit more involved, the subframe was dropped on 50mm dia nylon66 spacers, the front mcphearson struts have been customised to add 60mm to the overall length, the front tie rods have also been dropped using welded box section spacers, the lower steering column was extended and the gearbox crossmember was dropped again by using welded box section spacers, all this lot then bolts together with a large quantity of extended metric fine pitch bolts which was probably the most expensive purchase of the whole project!

its not exactly the easiest 4x4 to modify as there are no modified or customised parts available for them but if you have the skills or know someone else who does then its a very rewarding project as this then enables 235/75/15 mud tyres to fit the standard alloy wheels with almost no rubbing on the wheel arches and no need for wheel spacers,

If anyone would like more info then im very happy to talk about it, it would be great to see another modded jr in the uk![/quote

Hi juniorbarnes loved the pictures, I have an unmodified ZR2 manual, how would my little 4x4 fair in that terrain? Really interested in modding my junior like yours, would really like them chucky tyres, how much would it cost to mod to your spec, did you do the work yourself, do you know anyone who can do those mods for me?
Paul83c
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice place... bit too far for me though.

Nice pics. thumbright
juniorbarnes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote

Hi juniorbarnes loved the pictures, I have an unmodified ZR2 manual, how would my little 4x4 fair in that terrain? Really interested in modding my junior like yours, would really like them chucky tyres, how much would it cost to mod to your spec, did you do the work yourself, do you know anyone who can do those mods for me?[/quote]

thanks for the kind words, i had a few outings with my junior before i started to mod it, it was surprisingly capable and even with just all terrain tyres it didnt get stuck anywhere on the greenlanes around devils punchbowl, they have such a good power to weight ratio and the low range box makes most things seem easy, as standard they have the same ground clearance as a rangerover classic!

the mods to lift it were all carried out by myself and the parts were either sourced from other vehicle availability or custom fabricated from scratch, i dont know any proffesional companies who offer a lift kit for the junior but there are many custom engineers who im sure would take on the job.
if i was in the trade to do it for a customer exactly the same way i did mine then i would estimate a price of about 900-1200 plus the tyres and this is how much im putting on to the value of mine as i am selling it to fund the next one!!!

ive just started my second junior project which is having solid axle swap on the front and a bmw 16valve engine, it will be lifted around 7 inches and im planning on using 33'' tyres, should be quite a laugh!

cheers
Pete
Rhino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniorbarnes your second project sounds awesome, look forward to seeing the pics good luck squeezing that engine into a junior! Without a lift do you think 215/75/R15 can fit to a standard junior without and rubbing on the wheel arches?
juniorbarnes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhino wrote:
juniorbarnes your second project sounds awesome, look forward to seeing the pics good luck squeezing that engine into a junior! Without a lift do you think 215/75/R15 can fit to a standard junior without and rubbing on the wheel arches?

yeah i had a set of 215/75/15 khumo all terrain tyres before i lifted it, they didn't rub at all and gave the junior a much chunkier stance, performed great off road too but it throws some innacuracy into the speedometer reading and you will see a tiny loss of fuel economy but in my opinion its a good sacrifice, here's my paj before all the mods and with the a/t tyres...
Rhino

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juniorbarnes I took your advice and fitted my junior with some new boots Goodyear Wrangler AT/R 215/75/15 look the buisness and has some fun off roading at Sutton Park, its a really capable off roader! Perhaps we should organise an off roading weekend for junior only!

Since putting on the chunky tyres I have a slight shake on the steering wheel at high speed is this normal/ all wheels were balanced when put on do you think laser alignment will help?

Next thing on my agenda giving my junior an new interior plan to reholster the seats and carpets black me thinks and a nice double din multimedia system!

Last edited by Rhino on Sun May 09, 2010 3:23; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: