eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Coolant drain plug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 14:21    Post subject: Coolant drain plug Reply with quote

Can anyone help?? Am I being stupid but where exactly is the engine block coolant drainplug on a 1993 2.5TDI Auto Pajero engine. Both the manual and the generally useless Haynes manual say there is one in addition to the radiator drain plug, but Ive been looking over and under with a torch and cannot see it. Do i need to remove the intercooler to get access to it, which wouldn't seem very logical?

Wanted to change the coolant over christmas as very rusty but had to give up!!!

Cheers
Damian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 14:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

theboatpainter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi damian
what your looking for, is at the rear of the crankcase on the driver's side. It is about level with the end of the exhaust manifold, and is an absolute **** to get at, incase your in doubt. there is a core plug just above and slightly to the right.
Cheers John.
Damian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John

When it stops raining I will have a look. If it is so difficult to get to, is it absolutely necessary to open this plug if i want to flush the system? Or is just draining the system from the radiator plug enough?

Regards
Damian
theboatpainter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Damian
You can get a much better flushout by disconnecting the top and bottom hoses, and using a garden hose to flush the engine and radiator as seperate units. the reasoning is that you dont flush *beep* from the rad to the block, and viceversa.
Cheers John.
Damian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a cunning idea, and i suspect there is a lot of crud in there as it is very rusty coloured. Just one question though - when you flush the engine block (presumably with the garden hose in the top radiator hose), doesn't the water pump stop the crud coming out the bottom radiator hose?

Thanks
Damian
Growler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did with me damian Crying or Very sad
russexeed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 19:31    Post subject: block drain plug Reply with quote

I tried to undo my block drain plug but one and a half hours later Evil or Very Mad Sad took the top and bottom hoses off and flushed it Very Happy all ok and less stress. MUST BE THE WAY TO GO! Regards russ Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: