Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What`s the BEST engine oil for a 3.2 diesel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclepoo

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:42    Post subject: What`s the BEST engine oil for a 3.2 diesel. Reply with quote

Simple question realy.....with a complicated answer. whats the best oil for a diesel, it`s for a 3.2 DID, done 60000 miles.
I would think a fully sythetic oil like mobil 1 or millers fully synthetic will be close to the top of the list. A vw 505.7pd spec oil, which is a long life oil, would be good. I don`t want to get a thin oil like a 5-30 as these engines don`t need to rev high, its only doing 2100rpm at 70mph, but a 5-50 would help quieten the engine, there not noisy but a but gruff compaired to the 2.8`s.
Any experts out there ??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv'e tried loads of oil in the past,from 15/40 mineral 10/40 semi syn,millers,magnatec, and so on.over the last 3 plus years iv'e been using fuchs syn diesel,it stays cleaner a lot longer than any of the other oils plus the engine also runs a lot quieter especially when cold.take a look here,every oil you will ever need,plus very fast delivery,also discount for club members,i usually buy 15 litres enough for 2 oil changes.if you send a message,he will set a price up for you on the amount you want.
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-997-fuchs-titan-syn-diesel-10w-40-ultimate-performance-full-synthetic-diesel.aspx
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

5w-40 synthetic or 10w40
Rico

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3.2 has been happily running on Falcon's SHPD 15w40. Falcon have now been bought out by Millers and they have shut the local depot. I've now switched allegiance to Morris Oils and using Servol 15w40 Turbo Diesel Plus oil. Engine seems quite happy with it  Very Happy

http://www.morrislubricantsonline.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=53&product=Servol+15W%2F40+Turbo+Diesel+Plus+Motor+Oil

I'll not say it's the best (though maybe is  Wink  ) but Morris Oils have a good reputation for many a year. As mentioned above Fuchs are generally a good oil. My tractors are moving over to Morris oils too as are the rest of our cars.

Anyway, my recommendation would be oil from a reputable manufacturer, (not necessarily the dearest), 15w40 semi-sync.
unclepoo

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve gone for a oil n filter kit from milners...gone for fully synthetic. i needed a few other bits too, so was an easy option.
unclepoo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i did oil n filters this morning, first thing i noticed was the engine running quieter, been out in it and its running a litte cooler too, not that it was noisy or ran hot in the first place, oil is fuch fully synthetic 10/40. big thumbs up from me.
Martymudhuts

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 17:49    Post subject: Correct oil Reply with quote

You need to use an oil with a low ash content as the engines do burn oil, if you don't you end up clogging up the dpf an causing more problems.. Check out http://www.commaoil.co.uk/diesel-particulate-filters
Use the vehicle look up guide an it will give you the correct oil..  Wink

Hope this helps folks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: