QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

31/10.5/15 and 265/70/16 on L300

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 20:54    Post subject: 31/10.5/15 and 265/70/16 on L300 Reply with quote

Been having fun today chez Bruce (mystery machine), a man with more big wheels than should be legal. I got the chance to try some big wheels and tyres on my bus Smile

I've been looking at some 31/10.5/15 on 7x15 et15 wheels, std are 215/80/15 on 6.5x15 et30, Bruce has some 31/10.5/15 on 7x15 et-10 and 265/70/16 on 8x16 et0. In theory the overall size of Bruce's two sets of the wheels is the same. I wanted to see how difficult they would be to fit, and get an idea how they would look with the other offset.

No idea how to post a pic, so I'll put some links which will hopefully work.

1- 31/10.5/15 7x15 et-10

2- 265/70/16 8x16 et0

3- sketch type thing showing how various wheel tyre combinations *should* compare, imagine that the sketch shows a cross section through the NSF tyre viewed from the front. Series 1 is the standard wheel and tyre. Series 2 is 31/10.5/15 7x15 et15 that I'm thinking of buying. Series 3 is Bruces 31/10.5/15 7x15 et-10, and Series 4 is Bruces 265/70/16 on 8x16 et0. This shows why the wider wheels stick out less than the narrower ones.

I've a few pics showing all the places where these big tyres rub, will post them at some point.

Note that I've already cranked my torsion bars to level the front up with the rear.

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 20:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Dave Clarke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 21:09    Post subject: wheels Reply with quote

any idea of which wheel type your using
andyc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

think I'm going to order a wheel tyre combination from formula4x4, thinking of the Ranger wheel. Kinda middle of the road 4x4 wheel.

I'm about to add a few pics of the rubbing Smile the et15s will stick out 25mm less that Bruces 7x15's, so should have less clearance trouble, and probably be legal too.
Dave Clarke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 21:25    Post subject: w Reply with quote

look fwd to seeing them mine are original and quite good cond but thinking of finding something a little better
andyc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

close at the front...

close to the step...

close at the back...

rubs the flaps...

looks nice though

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm,
And this is good Question Laughing Question
Idea Body Lift Time
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: